Wordless Wednesday – Swat!

Magellan - Swat

Quote Of The Week

Cats are creatures that express a
Multitude of moods and attitudes.

Karen Brademeyer

Swat!

In the wee hours of the morning,
When I am up writing rather than
Curled up in my cozy bed,
Magellan likes to hang out in the window
Where he can keep watch over me.

Even though I prefer the privacy of closed blinds,
He likes to play in the slats and insists that
They remain open at least a wee bit
So that he can play peek-a-boo
As he grabs the slats.

He’s a very touchy, feely cat!

He can often be seen imploring me to
Stop whatever I’m doing to play with him
By the charming look in his eye
And the mischievous swat of the paw!

Chat In The Comments

What signals do your pets send your way
When they want to play?

Share your stories in the comments!

Video: How To Play With Your Cat

Wordless Wednesday – Week of May 6, 2015

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin,
Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest

Join Us On Instagram

Instagram Icon

Join Us This Thursday For

Grow Your Blog With

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

80 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – Swat!”

1. lana says:

purrty kitty!

2. He looks like he is posing! Adorable =)

3. Raychael aka Mystery Case
    Twitter: msmysterycase

Our newly adopted cat has some strange play hours. Somewhere between 2am and 6am he will come and swipe you and if that doesn’t work meow the house down. I think it’s the time he would normally play with his brother who has now moved. I don’t mind anything from 6am but the 2am is a bit much.

I think you might have to find him a new baby brother…

Be sure to check out the Children’s Week book giveaways I’m hosting – one of them are 2 adorable stories about cats! 🙂

4. Jay @CraftySpices
    Twitter: CraftySpices

So adorable, it would seem that he likes the camera… 🙂
    Have a great week!

5. Trish says:

Thanks so much for the party.

6. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

LOL what a show off I wish I could do that haha!

Have a cutetastic week 🙂

7. Charlotte says:

Lobpve how he is hugging the blind. x

He loves to play with the blinds! I really have to watch him though. When they are pulled up high, he thinks he’s Rocky and will stretch up – grab on to them from both sides – and literally do pull ups from them!

(Hoping they don’t come crashing down one of these days…)

8. Ashleigh says:

He is so cute! He really does look like he is posing for you! Thank you for hosting…have a wonderful week ahead! xx

9. Amila says:

Cute cat capture….

10. Aw, Magellan is adorable… Super sweet capture – thanks for sharing. 🙂
    Happy Wordless Wednesday!

11. Meryl says:

Have a great week!

12. Diana @ Toronto Teacher Mom
    Twitter: teac

It never ceases to amaze me to see all of the places cats manage to squeeze themselves into. Happy WW!

13. Karren Haller
    Twitter: Myllls

What a great photo op for Magellan, he’s a handsome boy!! So mischief too.
    Meek and mild Sabrina, our female cat will sit in front of us until we play with her, on the other hand Digger, he will turn a pencil into play, or swat at the newspaper to get our attention to play with him.

Oh and he loves to dig in the paper, thus his name…..He loves the thrill of a chinese chop stick wiggling under the paper, or through tiny hole, but he is so strong when we play, we have to be “on guard” or he reaches past the end of the stick to get our hand.

Thanks for hosting, Happy Wednesday!
    Karren

Great stories Karren!

I once had a kiotten who – on his first day out of his “safe” room – came tearing through the house and in his excitement to explore – literally jumped up and (because they run without looking where they are going) landed smack dab in the middle of my husband’s dinner plate!

Hubby was horrified – but I thought it was pretty funny!

14. pat says:

your kitty sure knows how to get into mischief!

Yes, Magellan is a master mischief maker – simultaneously one of his most frustrating and endearing qualities, depending on the level of mischief he is causing on any given day!

15. Ralph says:

An adorable kitty, Magellan loves to play and receive attention. We happily, and always, comply with those demands 🙂

16. Happy Cat! Thanks for joining Oh My Heartsie Girl WW!

Shellie Bowdoin

17. Lysa from Welcome to My Circus says:

Hi Ramona,

Happy Wordless Wednesday… Well, I guess I should technically be saying Happy Cinco de Mayo! 😉 Hope you are having a wonderful day and thank you for hosting this linky every week!

Much love,
    Lysa xx

Happy Cinco de May to you too Lysa (although I am responding a tad late!)
      I hope you’re having a fabulous week!
      We’re celebrating Children’s Book Week here – come join the fun!

18. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

Awww! How cute!

19. You have the coolest cat. I love all his poses. Very cool and thanks for always sharing him.

20. ruchira says:

happy to link up with ya!
    Your composition for your cat is cute
    xoxo

21. Claudia
    Twitter: Imagesbycw

Your two cats are simply gorgeous. How I wish I could have one again…

Hi Claudia,

What’s stopping you? I’m sure there’s a kitten out there just waiting for you…

• Claudia
        Twitter: Imagesbycw

There are lots of them, however, my hubby is extremely allergic to cat her, I am, too, but not as bad. Which is the reason we don’t have any anymore 🙁

22. Aww, that a sweet poem. There’s just nothing like a cat to make your life so much better. Peace!

23. Ashley says:

So cute! Thank you for hosting! I hope you have a great week!

24. Thanks for the party!

25. Looks like he knows how to get what he wants. It would be hard to say no to that face.

26. Mary Denman says:

Our cats meow and dig under our bedroom door if they aren’t all in the family room for the night. They show up at 4-5 am if their loose.

Kuzco is the most mischievous one. He’s already broken multiple glasses in our kitchen. The other cats never have done that!

My sister is doing her first art fair tomorrow with her artwork. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Isn’t it funny how there is always one mischievous one in every bunch?
      The funny thing is, they are often mischievous without even trying to be!

This week, Magellan broke a very special decorative plate that was part of a set that I gave to my husband.
      It happened when we weren’t around so we’re not sure what happened – but since it was in a high place (where Tsunami can’t jump) we know it was him.

You may be reading about it in a future post…

27. meowmeowmans says:

Magellan is so cute! I don’t think I would ever get anything done if he lived here, and I worked from home. 🙂

Thank you for hosting, Ramona. Have a great day!

He definitely makes it challenging; today he was ON the keyboard and did NOT want to get off of it!

You have an awesome day too. Look forward to stopping by and falling in love with this week’s featured cats!

28. XmasDolly
    Twitter: Xmasdolly

Always the wonderful hostess. I’m off to the hospital this morning in just a few short hours. If you could share a prayer or two I sure could use one. Thanks bunches. God bless and have a great day! Thanks.

29. Gattina says:

Very cute picture !

30. Summer says:

I will drag my wand toys into my human’s office when I want to get her away from the computer for a play session!

31. Mary Burris says:

Thank you for joining us at the Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday! I look forward to seeing you again next week!
    Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle

32. Ruby starts jumping around and making this funny grunt sound when she wants to play.

33. I don’t have cats, I have two West Highland White Terriers (Terrors!) 😉 They are sisters and it is non stop licking, no swatting! Love you beautiful shots you were able to capture of your Magellan! Thank you for hosting, and off to visit some wonderful links here!

Hugs from Missouri, Kim

That is so funny and sweet Kimberly! I’ve never spent any time around that breed but they sound like a pair of cuties! Your lilies are gorgeous. Have a Lovely week!

• Thank you so much for stopping in at my blog, I was unaware folks without Google + accounts could not comment! I have tried everything, and it states I would have to revert back to blogger after I just went to Google + comments and would lose all my comments again. It is horrible they way it is all getting twisted up.

Thank you for your lovely email letting me know about this! Have a Great Weekend, Kim http://acitywithoutaswing.blogspot.com/

34. Star Traci
    Twitter: TracisStar

Love this shot! Seriously looks intent.
    Happy WW!
    🙂
    Traci

35. I think he’s saying, “Won’tcha help me, Mom?” His pleas aren’t passionate enough, that’s why you got the camera instead because you knew it would make an excellent #WW shot. lol Silly kitty!!! Have a fototastic week, Ramona!

Cathy that’s so funny – you’re right, that camera probably explains a lot of his behavior – even when he’s done something naughty, we’re often snapping that photo even in the midst of scolding… (wink)

36. Nina says:

I love the images of your sweet cats ~ they’re curious & clever!

37. Kitties Blue says:

Magellan is so cute in those blinds. Head butting my hands seems to be the clue most of my kitties use to get me to play. And some, like Misty May and Fiona can be quite persistent. Hugs, Janet and XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

I LOVE head-butters! Tsunami will do that sometimes but it’s been awhile since I’ve had what I consider to be a true blue head-butter!

38. Great Wordless Wednesday shot! I love how he is just looking into the camera like “Common Mom it’s play time! Put that camera away!!”

It’s funny how they know the camera is focused on them (and it often annoys them).
      This morning I was trying to photograph him and he kept swatting at it!

39. What a cutie! As usual. Hope you have a good week, R. 🙂

40. Robin says:

Magellan is so adorable. It’s cute that he hangs on the blinds like that. My kitties just break the blinds off!

I am hoping he does not do that but I am dreading the day that I have to be one of those people who pins up sheets and towels in my windows because the cat caused my blinds to come crashing down – lol!

41. We love Wordless Wednesday with you all!
    Your TX furiemds,
    Samantha & Mom

42. Lol, Magellan. I see you caught something. Your pet parent seemed to catch you catching something too.

43. Comedy Plus says:

Loved the video.

Have a purrfect day. 🙂

44. McGuffy's Reader says:

We love cats…and dogs…well, all critters.

1. […] signals does your pet send out when they want to play? Share your stories and photos at our Wordless Wednesday Party and visit Magellan, my Swat […]

2. […] BeadedTail12. Joy13. Samantha14. Kathe […]