Philippians Bible Study by Sue Edwards – Book Review
Is studying God’s Word on your list of priorities for the New Year? Are you looking a good inductive Bible study that is flexible enough to accommodate your schedule and educational needs, whether you are working through the book alone or with a group?
If so, then Sue Edward’s Discover Together Bible Study series is worth looking into – particularly her latest book in the series, Philippians: Discovering Joy Through Relationship!
Philippians: Discovering Joy Through Relationship Bible study is an 8-week inductive Bible study that focuses on the apostle Paul’s remarkable ability to experience joy and to bear fruit for God even in the midst of trials (in his case, imprisonment!) In this study, you’ll learn about the events in Paul’s life that transformed him into a man who was capable of rising above his circumstances and how you can learn to experience the same kind of joy that he did during your difficult times.
You’ll also learn the importance of relationships in our lives – both with God and with godly people.
There are several aspects to this Bible study which make Sue Edward’s Philippians: Discovering Joy Through Relationship Bible Study (and her entire Discover Together Bible Study Series) unique.
- First, if you are looking for an inductive Bible study with a 90 minute or so time commitment, you can glean a basic overview of the text and the lesson by reading the required Bible passages and reading and answering the questions in the main section of the book.
- Next, if you want a richer learning experience, you can complete the “Dig Deeper” questions in the margins. This in-depth study requires the use of outside Bible resources such as Bible dictionaries and concordances and challenges you to learn more about the history, culture, geography, theological issues, and differing views of the passages you are studying.
- Finally, if you enjoy interactive learning, Sue provides video clips on her website where she shares personal insights for your educational enrichment.
- If you are a Bible Study Leader, you’ll also find a Free Leader’s Guide on her website.
Philippians: Discovering Joy Through Relationship is a beautifully designed and rewarding Bible study that not only deepens your understanding of Paul and the circumstances that led to the writing of this epistle, but also a study that helps you to lead a more joyful, faith-filled life.
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
About Sue Edwards
Sue Edwards is a highly credentialed author, curriculum writer, Bible teacher, and women’s ministry overseer at several megachurches. Sue is the Associate Professor of Christian Education at Dallas Theological Seminary, where she also oversees the Dallas Theological Seminary Doctor of Ministry degree in Christian Education program with a Women-In-Ministry emphasis. Sue is a popular retreat and conference speaker and is the author of the new Sue Edwards Inductive Bible Study series.
For More Information
- Visit Sue’s Website.
- Watch Sue’s Philippians Videos.
- Connect with Sue on Facebook and Twitter.
- Philippians: Discovering Joy Through Relationship is available on Amazon.
Other Bible Studies By Sue Edwards
- Ephesians – Discovering Your Identity And Purpose In Christ
- Revelation – Discovering Your Life For Today And Eternity
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!