The Seasoned Life – Book Review
When you take a walk down memory lane, have you ever noticed how many of your family memories center around good food?
Let’s face it: we’re social creatures, and most of our favorite rituals revolve around sharing good times with the people we love and celebrating those times with our favorite meals.
Home chef Ayesha Curry knows the power and potential that good food evokes – she’s been gathering friends and family around the table to share meals and create memories all of her life.
In her latest book, The Seasoned Life: Food, Family, Faith, and the Joy of Eatiner Well, Ayesha shares 100 of her favorite delicious, family-centric recipes.
It’s obvious as you pour through each and every page of this beautifully photographed book that each recipe was created and crafted with love.
There are so many things that I love about this cookbook:
- The wide range of recipes, many of which are family recipes that were passed down from generation to generation and many which reflect her diverse cultural heritage.
- The beautiful colorful photographs, which are plentiful throughout the book.
- The personal touches and glimpses into her life, which include Q & A interviews with several family members.
- The culinary tips sprinkled throughout the book, as well as an entire chapter dedicated to “Cooking with the Littles”.
And then there’s the recipes – page after page of clean, classic, and fresh recipes – including the following which are on my “can’t wait to try” list:
- Papa Alexander’s Meat Loaf
- Balsamic Lamb Chops
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Grilled Spiced Chicken And Asparagus With Parsley-Mint Sauce
- Prosciutto Egg Cups With Asparagus
The Seasoned Life is the perfect cookbook to give as a gift to a foodie friend but be sure to pick up two of these as you’ll definitely want to keep one all to yourself!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
About Ayesha Curry
Ayesha Curry has been featured in Food & Wine, Time, InStyle, Cooking Light, the Wall Street Journal, People, and USA Today and is a frequent guest on The Rachael Ray Show. Curry has appeared on several popular Food Network programs and hosts her own show on the Food Network.
Mom to two daughters, Riley and Ryan, and wife to Stephen Curry, Ayesha lives in the Bay Area.
For More Information
- Visit Ayesha’s Website.
- Connect with Ayesha on Facebook and Twitter.
- Visit the Publisher’s Website.
- The Seasoned Life is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Hatchette Books (Little, Brown and Company). The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!