Tips For Making DIY Easter Cards
Spring is in bloom – Easter is coming! Now is the perfect time to plan your Easter festivities and create a few handmade cards for the loved ones in your life!
Because Easter has always been one of the big holidays that my family celebrates – complete with Easter baskets filled with fun toys and delicious treats, full course meals served on beautifully decorated tables, and plenty of exciting activities for everyone to partake in, I find it helpful to rely on the DIY, party and craft experts at Oriental Trading to fill my head with Easter ideas and my home with supplies!
For instance, one of my favorite ways to stretch my crafting budget while satisfying my desire to add fun new supplies to my creative stash is to look for versatile items I can use in a lot of different ways and that make my life easier in the process! For instance, these thin Pastel Solid Color Washi Tapes are perfect for card-making because they allow you to quickly lay down splashes of color wherever you like – as accents or backdrops – without the need for expensive adhesives or messy glues. They also serve double duty when you use them as accents in your planners and journals!
Of course, the outside of the card only tells half of the story. While creating a beautiful card front draws your eye to a card and lets your recipient know that you took the time to create something special just for them, it’s the heartfelt message inside that truly matters and motivates a person to keep your card for years to come. Writing your message with the perfect pen – one that’s color-coordinated in rich vibrant ink that’s fade-resistant – is important.
That’s why I picked up an adorable Stabilo Point 88 Pen Sets Mini Wallet. The Mini Wallet contains a dozen compact-size Stablio pens that are perfect for carrying in your purse, totes and craft bags – wherever you might need to jot down a quick note!
For the best deals on crafting items and party supplies, check the Oriental Trading Coupon Page often for amazing savings!
Disclosure: This project features complementary products I’ve received as a Brand Ambassador for Oriental Trading. The opinions I’ve expressed are completely my own, based on my use of the product.
An Invitation To Share
If you’re a crafter or creative blogger, we’d love for you to share your creative posts at our week-long Inspire Me Monday, Wordless Wednesday and Friendship Friday Blog Parties – you may even become one of our Featured Guests!
We also love seeing what’s on your desk, whether it’s your latest stash or your latest mess! Be sure to join WOYWW – an international group of crafty blog hoppers – if you enjoy peeking into other people’s craft rooms!
Creative Art Challenges
If you’re looking for ideas to help you jump-start your creativity, be sure to visit and play along in one or more of the following Creative Art Challenges:
- A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #39 – Anything Goes
- Addicted To Stamps #144 – Easter
- Aud Sentiments #176 – Any Sentiment Except Birthday
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #195 w Stamping Twist
- Brown Sugar Challenge #243 – Anything Goes
- Cards And More #101 – Easter
- City Crafter #355 – In Bloom
- Come And Get It Challenges – Spring Time
- Corrosive Challenge Blog – March Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs – Happy Easter
- Crafting From The Heart #152 – Anything Goes
- Crafting When We Can Challenge – Add Circles (Center of Flower)
- Crafting With Friends #39 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations #338 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends Challenge Blog #54 – B Is For… (Bloom!)
- Crafty Gals Corner #116 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Girls Creations #34 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges #111 – Anything Goes
- Creates And Makes Challenge #10 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments #114 – Anything Goes / Spring Colors
- Crop Stop March Challenge #26 (Pop Dots Under Flower)
- Deep Ocean Challenge Blog #151 – Flowers Everywhere
- Digi Choosday Week 13 – Anything Goes
- DL Art March Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Dragon’s Lair – March Challenge – Anything Goes / Spring Flowers
- Everybody Art Challenge #399 – Flowers
- Fussy And Fancy Challenge #183 – Spring Time
- Get Creative Challenges #56 – Favorite Color Combo (Pastels)
- Glitter N Sparkle 232 – For A Female
- Great Impressions – March Theme Challenge
- Hiding In My Craft Room – Any Holiday
- Inky Chicks #80 – Flowers
- Inspiration Destination #125 – Anything Goes
- Jo’s Scrap Shack FFC #181 – Anything Goes
- Kitty Bee Designs / Aloha Friday Challenges #91 – Spring Cleaning (Metal Ribbon Embellishment)
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge #38 – Anything Goes
- Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge #53 – Anything Goes
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges #159 – Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap Challenge #95 – Anything Goes
- Mustard Seed Faith Challenges – Use Any Shade Of Yellow
- My Time To Craft Challenge #342 – (Woodland Animals Or) Easter
- Pammies Inky Pinky Challenges #1713 – Anything Goes
- Penny Black – March Anything Goes
- Pink Saturday – Anything Goes
- Pinspirational Challenge #187 (Flowers / Colors)
- Polkadoodle #52 – Something New / Anything Goes (Paper/Button)
- QKR Stampede Challenge #236 – Spring Is In The Air OR Anything Goes
- Really Reasonable Challenge #160 – Spring/Easter with Ribbon/Trim
- Scrap & Craft Challenge #1 – Celebrations
- Scrappers Delight Anything Goes Challenge
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
- Simply Papercraft #45 – Anything Goes
- Stamp Art Papel – Retarte #94 – Anything Goes
- Stamped Blessings – Anything Goes Plus A Stamp
- Stamping Sensations – Close To Nature (Flower)
- The Crafty Addicts Challenge #34 – Anything Goes / Clean and Simple
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge 3 – Anything Goes
- The Paper Shelter #287 – Easter Time
- The Ribbon Girls Use Any Image Challenge
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week of March 28 – April 4 – Anything Goes
- Tuesday Taggers – Botanical
- Use Your Stuff #257 – Spring Is In The Air
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 276-277 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place March Challenge – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!