Tips For Decorating The Cover Of Your Inspire Bible
I always get excited whenever I find a Bible whose cover came in colors other than standard black or brown. For instance, I love the beautiful Tranquil Blue cover of the Inspire NLT Large Print Bible . After all, blue is my favorite color, and the vintage floral fore-edge of the spine and the sparkling foil blue letters on the cover and the spine make my heart go all a flutter.
But I have a small confession to make. I’ve also discovered that when it comes to Bible covers, I am not a plain Jane. I like to jazz things up. I like Bible covers that are unique, personalized, and one-of-a-kind. So – after staring at my beautiful new Inspire NLT Large Print Bible for a while and plucking imaginary flower petals in my head begging the question “should I decorate” or “should I not”, I decided to take the plunge and add a little pizzazz to my Inspire Bible!
I considered several options for decorating my cover – including painting and collage – but really wanted a quick and easy option that anyone could do, so I ended up digging into my sticker and washi stash and looked for products that would thematically fit with my new Bible!
I used the vintage colors and artwork on the fore-edge of the book as well as the gorgeous butterfly illustrations flittering throughout the Bible for inspiration.
I found four rolls of Washi Tape that conveyed the mood I wanted to feel whenever I approached my Inspire Bible: two are specifically faith-based (the cross that reminds me of everything Jesus did for me and my response of gratitude towards Him) and the others thematically convey new life, hope and God’s promises to me.
I decided that the washi tape wasn’t enough to reflect what I was feeling so I added butterflies to the cover and the spine of the Bible. The butterfly symbolizes new life and transformation and is used throughout the artwork in this Bible.
Want to learn more about the Inspire The Bible For Creative Journaling (Large Print NLT Edition) and possibly win one for yourself? Click here to read my review, see more photos, and enter the Inspire Bible Giveaway !
An Invitation To Share
If you’re a crafter or creative blogger, we’d love for you to share your creative posts at our week-long Inspire Me Monday Party – you may even become one of our Featured Guests!
Creative Art Challenges
What’s On Your Desk this week? I’m sharing the Inspire NLT Large Print Bible – be sure to enter our Bible Journaling Giveaway through July 14, 2017 for a chance to win one of your very own!
If you’re looking for more ways to jump-start your creativity, visit the desk-hoppers at WOYWW or join one of the following Creative Art Challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #198
- A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #46 – Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations #182 – Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge Blog #6 June – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart #165 – Anything Goes
- Crafting With Friends #45– Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – June
- Crafty Creations #344 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes Challenge
- Creatalicious Challenges #117 – Anything Goes
- Create And Inspire #63 – Anything Goes
- Creates And Makes Challenge #13 – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers Challenge #133 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments #120 – Anything Goes
- Crop Shop – June Challenge
- Digi Choosday Week 26 – Anything Goes
- DL Art June Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Eclectic Ellapu – A Touch Of Pink And/Or Purple
- Fairy Tale Challenge #171 – Hobby (Bible Journaling)
- Glitter N Sparkle Challenge Blog – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination #130 – Anything Goes
- Jo’s Scrap Shack FFC #194 – Anything Goes
- Journaling Through The Bible – Week 25
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge #44 – Anything Goes
- Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge #60 – Anything Goes
- Pammies Inky Pinky Challenges #1726 – Anything Goes
- Pink Saturday – Anything Goes
- Polkadoodle Week #24 – Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede Challenge #249 – Anything Goes
- Simply Papercraft #47 – Anything Goes
- Stamp Art Papel – Retarte #100 – Anything Goes
- The Crafty Addicts #37 – Anything Goes
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge 6 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week of June 27 – July 3 – Anything Goes
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes – Anything But A Kard
- Word Art Wednesday 288-289 – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!