Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend – Book Review
Twenty-five years ago, two Christian psychologists – Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend – wrote a landmark self-help book entitled Boundaries: When To Say Yes, When To Say No To Take Control Of Your Life. This publishing phenomenon has changed millions of lives. In 2015, the authors received a rare honor: after 23 years in print, the book hit #7 on the March 2015 New York Times bestseller list, showing that the message they originally penned in 1992 is just as relevant today as it ever was.
So, I could not be more thrilled to hold in my hands the new, 25-year anniversary edition of Boundaries: Updated And Expanded Edition, which has been updated and expanded to include boundaries for the digital age, as well as boundaries for online dating, single parenting, and the workplace.
Boundaries shows you how to use biblical principles to identify the things in life for which you are responsible and for which you are not so that you can live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. The book helps you define who you are and who you are not. By applying the principles in this book, you’ll learn how to set loving yet healthy boundaries with your spouse, children, friends, parents, co-workers – even yourself!
Here are a few of the questions you’ll find answers to in the new edition of Boundaries:
- How do I set limits and still be a loving person?
- How do I keep my digital life from controlling the rest of my life?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- What does a legitimate boundary look like?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider telling someone “no”?
- What can I do when someone wants more of my time, love, energy, or money than I’m comfortable giving?
Boundaries contains such a life-changing message that we teach its principles as part of our care ministry at church!
In the 25 years that this book has been in print, I have yet to meet a person who has not testified to how beneficial Boundaries has been to their mental and emotional well-being!
Whether you have an older edition of Boundaries lying around the house or have recently been introduced to this book, the updated edition of Boundaries is well worth your time, energy, and investment to read!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Boundaries: Updated And Expanded Edition – Book Trailer
For More Information
- Connect with Boundaries Books, Dr. John Townsend and Dr. Cloud on Twitter.
- Boundaries is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Zondervan through the BookLook Bloggers program. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!