The Way Of Abundance by Ann Voskamp – Book Review
If you are like most people, you would probably prefer to live an entirely happy, joyful, pain-free life. But, New York Times best-selling author Ann Voskamp says that if you want to live a life filled with meaning and depth – a cruciform life that God can use:
Do not ever be afraid of broken things – this is the beginning of abundant things.
In her new book, The Way Of Abundance: A 60-Day Journey Into A Deeply Meaningful Life, Ann invites us to explore the broken places in our lives. In her signature story-telling, emotionally evocative style of writing, Ann explores six questions in a series of devotions and invites us to go deeper with thought-provoking questions at the end of each day’s readings.
The questions Ann explores (which mark the sections of the book) are:
- How can the brokenhearted keep going?
- How do we live like the brokenhearted, cruciform Christ?
- How do you let your broken heart receive?
- How can the brokenhearted receive real communion?
- How can the brokenhearted release control?
- How do the brokenhearted get to love?
The Way Of Abundance is a book full of takeaways – here are a few of my favorites:
What would happen if the scars you carry are what God uses to carry Christ to a scarred and broken world?
Die to pride, die to self, die to agendas, die to comfort, die to ease – and our life explodes with abundant life. Unexpectedly, the secret to abundant life is not about self – but about dying to self.
Out of the greatest brokenness, you can most greatly experience God’s nearness.
Fans of Ann Voskamp will want to add The Way Of Abundance to their reading lists.
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
For More Information
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book through the BookLook Bloggers program. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2018 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!