The Wiersbe Study Bible – NKJV Hardcover Edition
As a serious student of the Bible, I am always looking for the best study resources that I can find, but I’ll be honest – with so many wonderful choices out there, selecting the right Study Bible is often a daunting task!
That’s why I’m so excited to share that internationally known Bible teacher Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe (the author of more than 170 books and the general director and Bible teacher for the Back to the Bible radio broadcast for ten years) is sharing his lifetime of Bible knowledge in the recently released NKJV Wiersbe Study Bible!
Honestly, this is one of the most comprehensive Study Bibles I have seen to date!
The first thing that impressed me about this Bible is that, from the very start, Wiersbe “makes much of Jesus”. His love of the Lord clearly shines through on every page of this Bible. The Foreword to the book was a joy to read. To quote Wiersebe:
The master theme of the Bible is Jesus Christ, the Son of God,
So the way we treat the Bible is the way we treat Jesus.
The second thing that I appreciated is that Thomas Nelson, the publisher, opted to use their new Comfort Print in this Bible. This means that the regular 10.5 font and the notes in this Bible are much easier to read than many of their counterparts on the market (the color choices are also easy on the eye!)
The main thing that I like about this Bible, however, is all of the great features and a lifetime of wisdom from a respected teacher that I trust. Here’s what you’ll find inside of the NKJV Wiersbe Study Bible:
- Book introductions featuring Dr. Wiersbe’s historical background, themes, and practical lessons for each book in the Bible.
- “Be Transformed” sections in each book introduction that point to the life-changing impact of that portion of Scripture.
- More than 7800 verse-by-verse study notes.
- Hundreds of Catalyst notes that reveal important biblical themes and character issues to help motivate personal transformation through God’s Word.
- Index of Preaching Outlines that can help you to organize your teaching or Bible group discussions as you work your way through each book!
- Thousands of cross references that how the 66 books of the Bible are consistent and connected throughout.
- Concordance with key words for deeper word study.
- Other details include the words of Jesus in red letters; a presentation page; full color maps and dual ribbon markers (in the hardcover edition).
You can currently purchase the NKJV Wiersbe Study Bible in attractive hardcover, leathersoft and leather editions.
Because this Bible contains so much information, it is on the heavier side. Don’t let this dissuade you from purchasing it – I would truly consider this more of a home/office “study” Bible than a travel Bible!
I rate this Bible 5 out of 5 stars.
For More Information
- You can learn more about the NKJV Wiersbe Study Bible at Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2019 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!