The Tony Evans Study Bible – Book Review
When you think of pastors and teachers within the Body of Christ who have had a profound influence on your spiritual growth, what individuals come to mind?
One of the biggest spiritual influences in my life is Dr. Tony Evans – the Senior Pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas and founder of The Urban Alternative. Tony has been preaching and teaching the Gospel for more than 50 years! When I first became a Christian many years ago, everyone recommended Tony Evans to me, so I began to listen to him on the radio (there were no podcasts back then!) and reading every book of his I could find.
Today, I still enjoy listening to Tony preach and read read Tony’s books whenever I can. I also have been blessed by the ministries of his three children – Priscilla Shirer, Anthony Evans and Chrystal Evans Hurst – who are living testimonies to the work of God and their father’s ministry in their lives!
I’m not the only one who’s been personally impacted by the ministry of Tony Evans. In recognition of the impact Tony has had on countless people around the globe, Tony recently received several honors for his lifetime of service:
- Tony received the Lifetime Achievement Award from Dallas Theological Seminary. In 1982, Tony made history by becoming the first African-American to graduate with a doctoral degree from the seminary.
- Tony also achieved the distinguished honor of being the first African-American to author a Study Bible and a one-volume Bible Commentary in history!
- In honor of Tony’s accomplishments, the Museum Of The Bible in Washington, DC, will be placing his Bible Commentary on permanent display.
That’s why I’m so excited to introduce you to The Tony Evans Study Bible. In his role as General Editor, Tony carefully curated, crafted, and adapted material from his sermons, teachings, and writings and strategically placed extensive study notes and resources alongside the biblical text to explain God’s Word in a fresh new way.
The Tony Evans Study Bible comes in a wide range of cover options. I had the privilege of reviewing the supple and beautifully crafted Black/Brown Leather Touch Edition of version of this Bible, which is soft, supple and pleasurable to hold! The Bible comes in an elegant slipcase that is perfect for storage and gift-giving (especially for the guys in your life!)
Inside the The Tony Evans Study Bible, you’ll find a sensibly designed layout with elegant gold features that features a ton of information on each page without becoming cluttered or overwhelming. Two things immediately stood out to me as I perused this Bible.
- First, while this is not a journaling Bible, there is margin space on most pages that is perfect for jotting down relevant notes.
- Second, there are digital links (via QR Codes) to 150 videos, a feature I don’t believe I’ve seen in any other Bible to date!
What are some of the other features you’ll discover in side of The Tony Evans Study Bible?
- Elegant design
- Study notes crafted from Tony Evans sermons and writings
- 40 inspirational articles
- 50 “Lessons on Kingdom Living,”
- A plethora of “Questions & Answers”
- Numerous “Hope Words”
- Over 150 videos of sermons
- Teaching from Dr. Evans
- Page-edge cross-reference system
- Black-letter text
- Presentation page
- Introductory front matter
- Special back matter section with key definitions
- Theological and doctrinal charts
- Other study helps
- Bible reading plan
- Full-color maps
In terms of translation, The Tony Evans Study Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible® (CSB). The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible’s original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture’s life-changing message and to share it with others.
No matter where you are in your Christian walk, The Tony Evans Study Bible has resources that will help you to spiritually grow!
Whether you’re looking for a great study Bible for yourself or someone you love or you’ve been impacted by Tony’s ministry and want to access his wisdom of the Bible any place, any time, I highly recommend the
I rate this Bible 5 out of 5 stars.
Video: Introducing The Tony Evans Study Bible Bible
For More Information
- Visit The Tony Evans Study Bible and Commentary website.
- Visit Tony Evan’s website.
- Visit the publisher.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
The Tony Evans Study Bible Giveaway
Would you like to win your very own copy of The Tony Evans Study Bible? If you are a US resident 18 years or older, click here and enter to win a Bible! The winner will be selected on 12-10-19 by the sponsor, who will also contact and e-mail the prize to the winner, so don’t delay – please enter and help spread the word!
Congrats To Our Rafflecopter Winner!
Thanks to all who entered our Rafflecopter giveaway. Congratulations to our winner!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2019 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!