The Jesus Bible Artist Edition NIV – Review
In January 2017, on the 20th Anniversary of the Passion Conference, Zondervan launched The Jesus Bible – the first Bible to exclusively focus on helping readers encounter Jesus in every book of the Bible.
While I enjoyed the features in the original Jesus Bible, I’ll confess that I found the grey fabric cover (while beautiful for its simplicity) a little too spartan for my personal tastes. If that was your reaction to the original version of this Bible as well, then hold on to your hats – you’re going to love the beautiful new covers designed by artist Britt Bass for the new Jesus Bibles in the Leathersoft Artist Editions!
The Jesus Bible Artist Edition is available in two translations with two different Leathersoft™ covers: the Multi-Color Tan ESV Edition with an 8.7 point font and the Multi-Color Teal NIV Edition, which features a 9.5 font that’s typeset in in Zondervan’s exclusive NIV Comfort Print® typeface. I ordered the NIV version of this Bible and I’m pleased that the new font is much more readable than the font in the original edition of this Bible!
Aside from cosmetic changes, The Jesus Bible Artist Edition retains all of the features of the original Jesus Bible, which is a good thing. These features include:
- Introduction by Louie Giglio
- 66 book introductions highlight the story of Jesus in every book
- 7 compelling essays on the grand narrative of Scripture by Louie Giglio, Max Lucado, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias, and Randy Alcorn guide you to treasure Jesus and encourage you to faithfully follow him as you participate in his story
- Over 300 full-page articles and nearly 700 sidebar articles reveal Jesus throughout all of Scripture
- Single-column text
- Room for notes and journaling throughout
- NIV dictionary-concordance (NIV edition)
- ESV concordance (ESV edition)
- Two color-coordinated ribbon markers
My favorite thing about this Bible (aside from the beautiful cover, the new font and the very engaging articles) is the graphic design. For those of us who like to write and journal in the margins of our Bible, there is ample room on most pages to express ourselves to our heart’s content!
When a publisher updates an existing Bible, those changes aren’t always an improvement, but the tweaks that Zondervan made to The Jesus Bible in the Artist Edition are picture-perfect!
I gifted my original Jesus Bible to a friend, but The Jesus Bible Artist Edition is a keeper for me.
I rate this Bible 5 out of 5 stars!
Video: There Is No BC!
For More Information
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2019 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!