Uncovering The Love Of Jesus by Asheritah Ciuciu– Book Review
At a time when we’ve all been trying to adjust to the new realities of living life during a global pandemic, surely I’m not the only one who feels that Easter snuck up on them this year. That’s why I’m delighted to share Asheritah Ciuciu’s new book, Uncovering The Love Of Jesus, with you. Although this book is an engaging Lenten and Easter devotional, with daily Scriptures, devotions, challenges and prayers to take you through the season, what distinguishes this book from most of the other seasonal devotionals on my bookshelf are the weekly activities at the end of each section.
While many of these creative activities pertain specifically to the Lenten and Easter season, others do not and can be woven into the fabric of our lives at any time. For this reason, the usefulness of this book extends well beyond the Lenten and Easter season and is a great resource not only for learning more about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus but also for putting your faith into action.
Here are a few activities from the book that are perfect to do any time of year and especially now while we are sheltering in place and social distancing:
- Read through the Psalms of Lament (Psalm 12, Psalm 13, Psalm 44 and Psalm 86) and use them to express to God what grieves your heart right now in your own life and in the world around you. Journal through the hurts you’ve experienced this past year and allow our Great Physician to open the wounds and inspect them that He may heal them.
- Fill a simple jar with prayer requests, then designate a day of the week as your special prayer day and spend time praying through one or more of the requests.
- Memorize a longer passage of Scripture together, as a family, and take turns reciting the verse around the dinner table each week. (If you live alone, adapt this by memorizing your verses with a friend!)
So many times, great books go unread because they are designated as seasonal, and we often find ourselves well-intentioned but too busy to follow through during the season they were meant to be read in.
Uncovering The Love Of Jesus is a book well worth reading, in season or out. Don’t let this gem slip away from you!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
For More Information
- Visit Uncovering The Love Of Jesus on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Moody Publishers. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2020 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!