NRSV Simple Faith Bible: Following Jesus Into A Life Of Peace, Compassion And Wholeness – Book Review
It’s not every day that you have the opportunity to read a Bible that contains the spiritual insights of a a man who has not only faithfully served as a Sunday School teacher in his local church for more than 65 years, but who is also known around the world for his unwavering dedication as a humanitarian and a philanthropist, for his service as a US president and his work with Habitat for Humanity, and for his unwavering commitment to human rights, for which he was awarded the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize. But that’s what you get when you pick up the NRSV Simple Faith Bible. This gem of a Bible will help you to draw closer to God as you process His Word through the heart of a man who has sought to know God and do His will throughout the course of his entire personal and public life.
In many ways, this Bible reminds me of former President Carter himself. As you flip through its pages, you’ll find the layout to be plain, simple and unassuming – there are no splashy color schemes fancy fonts or graphics to be found – my hardcover version does not even contain the words of Christ in red! But that’s okay – you’ll find plenty of good stuff beneath the surface as you delve into these special features written by President Carter:
- Bible In Focus: These 1-page articles illuminate key Bible verses and principles and provide you with a few key questions that allow you to Go Deeper into the text.
- Bible In Life: These short but potent teaching sections highlight Bible passages and principles that are of personal interest to President Carter and include his brief, application-oriented notes.
- Ponder And Pray: You really discover the heart of a man when he prays. This section contains a verse or two to meditate upon plus an application-oriented prayer, written bg President Carter.
- Reflections: These brief, notable quotations from Jimmy Carter are scattered throughout the text.
The text of the Simple Faith Bible is written in the New Revised Standard Version translation to make this as accessible to as many readers as possible. This Bible features an exclusive Zondervan Comfort Print typeface in a 9.5 print size.
It’s rare that a Bible surprises me, but the Simple Faith Bible exceeded my expectations in every way. If you are looking for a devotional Bible with well-developed content to spiritually enrich your life, then this Bible was written for you!
I rate this Bible 5 out of 5 stars.
For More Information
- The Simple Faith Bible is available through Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this Bible as a member of the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid. Although I am a #BibleGatewayPartner, the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2020 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!