What Is Verse Mapping?
Are you looking for a fresh way to study the Bible? Verse mapping is a proven technique for getting into the Word and studying Bible verses in a deeper and more meaningful way!
Kristy Cambron, an award-winning author, women’s ministry leader and speaker, partnered with Zondervan to bring us a collection of verse-mapping Bibles for moms and their daughters. She also created an instructional verse mapping journal that make it easy for beginners to become verse-mapping enthusiasts in no time at all!
You Can Map A Verse In Just Five Steps!
The philosophy behind verse mapping is simple. Most of us enjoy looking through the Bible and finding verses that inspire us – but not all of us know how to study these verses in context to gain a full understanding of what they really mean.
Kristy’s Verse Mapping Bibles and Journal help us to identify important information and build a theological framework for each verse by completing five easy steps:
- Choose the verse you want to study and write it out.
- Compare the verse in two or three other Bible translations and underline the key words that are the same or different between translations.
- Research the key words you selected by looking them up in the original Hebrew or Greek language and recording their meaning.
- Ask questions about the verse. What would it be like to experience the action that’s happening? Read the surrounding verses for context. If necessary, use other study tools to dig even deeper!
- Apply the verse to your life. How is God speaking to you through this verse? How do the principles in this verse relate to your life today?
As we collect information about the verses in each step, we write it down on the easy-to-fill-in verse maps that Kristy has provided for us in her special Bibles and journal!
Ready to see what’s unique about each of these new Verse Mapping products from Kristy? I can’t wait to show you, so let’s jump right in!
NIV Verse Mapping Bible – Review
The NIV Verse Mapping Bible is an easy-to-transport Bible, available in several bindings, that features:
- 350 partially completed verse maps with pre-selected verses in multiple Bible translations and helpful Hebrew and Greek word studies.
- More than 70 blank verse maps for your own inductive Bible study journey.
- Wide margins with guide lines for note-taking and journaling.
You’ll also find other niceties such as a presentation page, topical index, introduction to the various books of the Bible and a satin ribbon or two (depending on the binding you select).
Although this Bible comes in Zondervan’s exclusive NIV Comfort Print® typeface, the print is hard to read because of the tiny 8-point print size. The words of Jesus are also not offset in red in these Bibles (this isn’t a big deal to me but it makes a difference to some people).
Although I dislike the tiny print and hope that a large print version is in the works, I am a verse mapping enthusiast and like these Bibles enough that I purchased the NIV Verse Mapping Bible Navy Floral Leathersoft Edition for my own personal use. (I received the hardcover edition of this Bible to review). Aside from the exterior, the color of the presentation pages, the number of ribbons and the quality of the presentation box which varies on these two editions, everything else is the same.
The NIV Verse Mapping Bible is a wonderful product, for yourself or for gift-giving, that comes with everything you need to start on your verse mapping journey. If this is an interest of yours, I definitely recommend it to you!
NIV Verse Mapping Bible For Girls – Review
The NIV Verse Mapping Bible For Girls is marketed for girls ages 8 and up, but ignore the marketing – it is essentially the same Bible as above with a few minor changes:
- This Bible comes in two editions – the hardcover that I’m featuring plus a teal leathersoft version – with a slightly brighter interior (on the verse maps) and blank pages on the interior (instead of the presentation page).
- There are no satin ribbons to hold your place in the book.
As far as I can tell, these are the only differences between the “adult” and the “girls” version of the Bible.
Since the changes are so minute, I would look at both editions of this Bible if you are considering purchasing one for yourself and choose the edition that makes you the happiest. The essential content – the verse maps – are exactly the same.
Verse Mapping Bible Study Journal – Review
If you like the concept of verse mapping but aren’t in the market for a new Bible, are looking for a book with font that is sized so you can easily read it, or prefer a book filled with completely blank verse map templates so you can truly customize and personalize your own Bible studies, then the Verse Mapping Bible Study Journal is for you!
The Verse Mapping Bible Study Journal features:
- Detailed Verse Mapping 101 Instructions
- 50 blank verse maps
- Verse Mapping Study Plans to help you study verses by topic
All of the verse mapping resources are wonderful but if I could only choose one of these products for myself, the Verse Mapping Bible Study Journal would be it! Highly functional and perfect for anyone’s verse mapping needs, this is the perfect companion tool to go with your Bible to help you dive deeper into Scripture!
NIV Verse Mapping Bible Giveaway
Does the idea of learning more about the Bible through verse mapping excite you as much as it does me? If you’re one of our US readers, 18 years or older, be sure to enter the NIV Verse Mapping Bible Giveaway from HarperCollins Christian Publishing and Frontgate Media.
To enter, please leave a comment on our blog (so we’ll know who’s interested in offers like these!), then complete the Verse Mapping Bible Giveaway form at our sponsor’s site. They’ll notify the winner on March 10, 2021.
Best of luck to you!
For More Information
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received copies of these products through FrontGate Media, the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid and my own personal purchase. Although I am a #BibleGatewayPartner, the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2021 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!