If you own your own home and are looking for ways to cut back on your monthly utility bills, you may be considering installing solar panels on your roof this season. Here’s the first thing you need to know: this is not a project for weekend warriors and DIY-ers to tackle!
You want to ensure your solar panels are installed correctly so they provide you with many years of dependable service, Correctly installed solar panels are designed to last 25 years or more. Shoddy solar panel installations and poor workmanship will decrease your return on investment, reduce the efficiency of your solar array and increase your maintenance costs.
Perhaps you’re wondering:
- What do I need to know about the solar panel industry before getting started?
- How do I find a trustworthy service provide in my area?
Choosing the best solar energy company for your house may feel like a daunting task, but if you keep the following factors in mind, you’re off to a good start!
Seven Factors To Consider When Selecting A Solar Energy Company
- Research: Start by researching different solar companies in your area.
Online review services like Yelp! and Solar Reviews make it easy to identify the top solar businesses in your area. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices to a manageable number, use customer reviews, ratings, and feedback to assess the quality of their services. Comparing the quality of the solar panels companies in Los Angeles and similar locations where solar panels are popular and the competition is steep is especially important to ensure you find the right company for you.
- Certifications and Licenses: Verify that the company has the necessary certifications and licenses to operate in your area. This includes licenses from state and local regulatory agencies. Also look for NABCEP certification. The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is the leading certification organization for solar energy professionals. Also, make sure that the installers you choose have the required certificates for to do any required work on your home, such as electrical or roofing licenses.
- Experience: Check the company’s experience in the industry. A company that has been in business for several years is likely to have more experience and knowledge about the industry than a new company.
- Quality of Products: Look for a company that uses high-quality solar panels and equipment. The quality of the products installed can have a significant impact on the performance of your solar system.
- Warranty and Maintenance: Check the company’s warranty and maintenance policies. A good solar company should offer a warranty on their products and services, as well as ongoing maintenance to ensure the system operates at optimal efficiency.
- Cost: Compare the cost of services provided by different companies, but don’t make price your only consideration. Be wary of companies that offer significantly lower prices than their competitors, as this may indicate poor quality or a lack of experience. Also, be sure to read the small print in the contract for information on available payment plans, refund policies, warranty terms and the exact products and services the company provides.
- Consultation and Support: Look for a company that provides personalized consultation and support throughout the installation process. A reputable solar company will provide you with all of the necessary information and guidance to help you make an informed decision.
When you have narrowed your selection down to the two or three solar panels companies you feel best meet your criteria, schedule an appointment. They will need to inspect your house and take measurements.
- Which company offers the fullest range of services necessary to bring the project through to its completion?
- Which company do you feel most comfortable working with?
By considering these factors, you can choose the best solar energy company for your house and ensure that your solar system is installed and maintained by a reputable and reliable company.
Share Your Thoughts
Have you ever had solar panels installed in your home? If so, what was the experience like for you? Were you happy with the end results? Please share your thoughts – our community appreciates you insights!
Copyright © 2023 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this article posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!