I have always loved butterscotch. It’s not something I delve into regularly though – it’s a taste I reserve for rare occasions.
So imagine my delight when my I awoke to the aroma of Coconut Butterscotch Cookies! If you would like to delight your family with a sweet surprise, I whole-heartedly recommend this delicous treat!
1 ¾ Cups All Purpose Flour
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ Cup (1 Stick) Softened Butter
1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1 ½ Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1 ½ Cup Butterscotch Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
2. Lightly grease the cookie sheets.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars and vanilla extract with your mixer on medium speed until they’re light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg and blend well.
6. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture. Mix just until blended.
7. Fold in the coconut and butterscotch chips.
8. Use a 2 tablespoon measure to drop the dough on the cookie sheets, spacing the cookies about 3-inches apart. Gently press down on the cookies with the back of a spoon to spread them out into a 2-inch circle.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
10. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
This recipe makes 24 cookies and tastes delicious served warm!
If you’re looking for more fabulous recipes, check out Sweet Kat’s Kitchen (this recipe is adapted from her site!) and be sure to visit the following sites for weekly inspiration:
Also, be sure to enter My Vintage Christmas Giveaway – now through Friday, August 6, 2010!