One of the things I love about summertime is a good barbecue, and one of the highlights of a good barbecue is ribs cooked to perfection! If you love the taste of rich, smoky BBQ ribs that are so tender and so moist that the meat falls off the bones and melts in your mouth, then this recipe is for you!
2 Racks of Pork Spare Ribs
3-4 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Grand Black Pepper
4-5 Large Brown or Yellow Onions
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 45 Ounce Bottle of KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce
(Williams Sonoma also makes a wonderful BBQ Sauce!)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Rinse off the spare ribs and pat them dry.
3. Separate each rib using a good boning knife.
4. Place the ribs in the largest pan that you have, laying them flat, one next to another. Do not stack the ribs! If necessary, use multiple pans to make this recipe.
5. Evenly sprinkle the garlic powder and pepper over the ribs.
6. Drizzle Worcestershire Sauce over the ribs.
7. Coarsely chop the onions 3/4 to 1 inch square and sprinkle them over the ribs, so that the ribs are covered by a blanket of onions.
8. Seal each pan with a sheet of aluminum foil.
9. Bake the ribs until the meat begins to fall off of the bones. The actual baking time will vary based on your pan sizes. The estimated baking times are as follows:
For a 9” Square Pan – 2 Hours to 2 Hours 15 Minutes
For a 9 x 13 Pan – 3 Hours 15 Minutes
For Larger Pans – 4 to 4 ½ Hours
Don’t rush the cooking times! When in doubt, allow the ribs to cook for an extra 15 to 30 minutes!
10. Remove the pans from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 475 degrees. Remove the aluminum foil. Using tongs, turn over each rib, removing any loose bones from the pans.
11. Place the uncovered pan in the oven for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. This last step reduces the liquid to a very thick gravy and browns the ribs as if they were grilled!
12. Remove the ribs from the oven.
You are now ready to serve your ribs with your favorite sides (how about some corn on the cob and potato salad?) Enjoy – these are truly divine!
For more delicious recipes, visit Create With Joy – Recipes!
Subscribe To Create With Joy