I have always loved green beans – or string beans, as we called them growing up. Fresh, long, luscious – I could eat my mom’s fresh string beans all day!
Today’s recipe is different than my mom’s Southern styled green beans – the seasonings give it a bit of an Asian flair! We frequently serve this dish during the holidays because it’s one of the few “green” dishes Prince Charming likes. I hope you enjoy it too!
2 Pounds Fresh Green Beans
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
¼ Cup Blanched Almonds
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Garlic
1. Wash the green beans and remove the ends. If desired, snap in half.
2. Heat the olive oil on high in a work or frying pan.
3. Add the green beans and toss to coat.
4. Add the pepper and garlic and toss for 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and blanched almonds.
6. Toss for another 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from the heat and serve.
More Great Recipes
For more great recipes, visit Create With Joy – Recipes!