Have you ever had one of those weeks where you long for a taste of homemade comfort? If so, then this recipe is for you!
This is the perfect recipe to make with your family and friends. Imagine how excited your children would be to help you make this cake as they learn new skills. Think of how wonderful it would be to catch up on an old friendship, or create new traditions while spending precious time with your spouse and family!
May you create many sweet memories as you enjoy this delicious dessert!
Part 1: Create The Caramelized Apples
Caramelized Apples Ingredients
1 to 1 ½ Large Granny Smith Apples
3 Tablespoons Butter
¼ Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon All Spice
1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
Caramelized Apples Instructions
1. Combine the sugar and spices in a large Ziploc bag and shake well.
2. Slice the apples in thin, long strips.
|Caramelized Apples, Step 2 – Slice The Apples.|
3. Place the apples in the bag and shake well.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan.
5. Fry the apples.
|Caramelized Apples, Step 5 – Fry The Apples.|
6. Set the apples aside to cool.
Part 2 – Create The Cinnamon Strudel
Cinnamon Strudel Ingredients
1 Cup Flour
1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Cup Cold Butter
Cinnamon Strudel Instructions
1. Combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a flat pan or dish.
|Cinnamon Strudel, Step 1: Combine The Flour & Spices.|
2. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender until coarse balls are formed.
|Cinnamon Strudel, Step 2: Cut In The Butter Using A Pastry Blender.|
3. Set aside.
Part 3 – Make The Cake
3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1 Cup Softened Butter
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 ¼ Cup Diced Granny Smith Apples
1. Make the Caramelized Apples.
2. Create the Cinnamon Strudel.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
4. Combine all of the Cake Ingredients except the apples in a mixing bowl and beat them with a mixer until well blended. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the diced apples. Beat again until well combined and blended.
|Cake Step 5: Add The Apples.|
6. In a highly buttered Bundt pan, arrange the Caramelized Apples along the ribs of the dish.
|Cake Step 6: Arrange The Apples In The Bundt Pan.|
7. Spoon about half of the Cinnamon Strudel over the Caramelized Apples.
|Cake Step 7: Cinnamon Strudel Over Caramelized Apples|
8. Ladle in approximately three-fourths of the batter.
9. Add a ring of the Cinnamon Strudel topping as a filling.
|Cake Step 9: Add A Cinnamon Strudel Ring.|
10. Cover with the remaining batter.
11. Lightly sprinkle with any remaining Cinnamon Strudel.
|Cake Step 11: Sprinkle With Remaining Cinnamon Strudel.|
12. Bake for 90 minutes at 325 degrees, rotating halfway.
13. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
|Cake Step 13: Fresh Out Of The Oven!|
14. Once the cake is cool, gently flip it over onto a plate to remove it from the pan.
|Cake Step 14: Remove Your Cake Gently From The Pan!|
15. Serve and enjoy! This cake is especially delicious when served warm!
|Cake Step 15: Well Worth The Effort!|
Recipe Resource List
If you’re looking for more sweets to sample, give these recipes a try:
Or, visit my ever-growing list of Favorite Family Recipes!
Looking for more yummy ideas? Check back to see who I’m visiting this week!