When you roll out of bed and look in the mirror each morning, do you praise God for the beautiful body that He gave you?
Or, do you tend to obsess over your physical appearance, finding fault with every real or imagined imperfection you find?
If you’re like most women, there’s a good chance that you are your biggest critic – and worst enemy!
In My Big Bottom Blessing – How Hating My Body Led To Loving My Life, author Teasi Cannon shares several shocking statistics:
• According to a March 2011 Glamour poll, 97 percent of women have cruel thoughts about themselves each day – 13 times a day on average!
• According to statistics released by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, nearly 11.7 million surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures were performed in the US in 2007 – and the numbers are increasing!
• According to several studies, there is a direct relationship between the degree of body dissatisfaction that young girls and women experience and the number of magazines they read!
Teasi now realizes how crazy our obsession with achieving physical perfection is – especially from a Christian perspective. However, she also understands the devastating impact that body image issues can have on our lives!
In her frequently funny, extremely candid and very informative book, Teasi shares how her attempts to achieve physical perfection nearly led to her destruction – and the lessons and revelations she learned as she slowly turned her life around!
Today, she no longer wonders if “this book makes her rear end look big!” She accepts herself as she is – fifty pounds heavier than society deems appropriate – but healthier and happier, inside and out!
Here is a sampling of the lessons Teasi shares in her book:
• You’ll learn how damaging negative self-talk can be – and how to identify and overcome the negative voices in your head – as Teasi shares dialogs from Trainer, Reflection and the rest of the peanut gallery she finds residing in her head!
• You’ll learn how to stop living like an orphan and how to start living like a child of God!
• You’ll learn how to combat lies with biblical truth.
Above all, you’ll learn that:
Loving the girl in the mirror isn’t about changing how you LOOK
But allowing God to change how you SEE!
If you are not thanking God for “fearfully and wonderfully making you” – if you are earnestly praying for a makeover – take advantage of the tools that Teasi provides to help you begin your transformative journey. Pick up a copy of Teasi Cannon’s My Big Bottom Blessing today!
My Big Bottom Blessing Video by Teasi Cannon
If you are reading this book review in a format where you cannot see this video, click here.
Teasi (pronounced Tee See) is married to her best friend, Bill Cannon. They have three awesome children: Carli, Ben, and Sam. Teasi has a Master’s Degree in Pastoral Counseling from Liberty Theological Seminary, and is a sought-after speaker who loves to help women remember who they are in Christ.
For More Information:
More Great Resources
If this book interests you, here’s a few more great books you may enjoy:
- One Month To Live by Kerry and Chris Shook
- Stuck by Jennie Allen
- To Be Perfectly Honest by Phil Calloway
For more great books, visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews!
Subscribe To Create With Joy
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book from Worthy Publishing for review purposes. I was not compensated for this review, nor was I required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.