Happy WOYWW dear friends! Even though many parts of the country have recently been contending with snow, I am starting to mentally transition into Spring. I am back to the task of unpacking boxes… back to the task of clearing out stuff… back to the task of more fully transforming our house into a home.
During the in-betweens, I’ve been returning to this little bag of scraps I have sitting on my desk and challenging myself to create cards, tags, and whatever else comes to mind using whatever I find in that bag. I can add whatever I like to my creations, as long as I use something inside that bag.
This week, I chose a sweet sentiment that reads “so happy to have a friend like you” and a cute strip of stamped cupcake images and used them as the basis for a friendship card. I chose pretty pastels for the colors in anticipation of spring. The cupcakes are iced with tantalizing glitter. I selected a lovely lace that not only color coordinates with the card, but lets the pretty purple show through.
I also remembered to snap a photo of my desk and project in progress! As you can see, I like to lay things out and experiment with the design before I commit to anything. I’m also super-picky when it comes to patterns – I like to line things up in just the right spot!
I had fun exploring the challenge sites this week and found several that were new to me!
- Bearly Mine Challenge #74 – Lace, Ribbon, Twine
- City Crafter Challenge #147 – All That Glitters
- Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge #8 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #150 – All That Glitters
- House of Gilli Challenge 50 – Anything Goes Plus Pastels
- Lady Anne’s Challenges – Nana Vic’s 2nd Challenge (Anything Goes)
- Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #40 – Lots Of Layers
- Love To Create Challenge #53 – All That Glitters
- Ooh La La Creations Challenge #124 – Sparkle & Shine
- Stamps & Fun Creativity Challenge #139 – Lace
- Whoopsi Daisy Challenge – Make It Girly
Now, what would my WOYWW be without a glimpse of a cat? This week, Mister Naughty Pants played quite the prank on me! You’ll have to go to Wordless Wednesday to read the full story – but here’s a tease!
He’s trying to convince you that he’s hasn’t been naughty at all with that gaze – but you’ve heard the tales – you should know better by now!
Have a fabulous week, dear friends – let’s get to desk hopping!
Join Us For
Inspire Me Monday