WOYWW – Thinking Of You

Thinking Of You Card

Thinking Of You Card

Happy WOYWW dear friends! This week I am back to making cards. I am finding the process of digging through scraps and seeing what I can create from the remnants quite therapeutic.

I came across some old scraps of green and blue plaid paper (remember when plaid was all the rage?) The colors reminded me of spring, nature and boys, so I thought I would search for Art Challenges that fit those themes.

I’ve been feeling rather sentimental as of late so I picked the theme with renewal in mind (as in, sending the card off to an old friend and rekindling a friendship).

The card with its coordinating envelope is shown below.

Thinking Of You Card & Envelope

Art Challenges

Cat Chat

Speaking of sentimental – this week at Wordless Wednesday, Tsunami is Visiting The Vet. If you’ve ever wondered what goes on in the mind of your cat during his annual visits – be sure to check out this post!

Scale

And, if you love dogs, be sure to enter our Pukka’s Promise Giveaway!

Have a fabulous week!

By E-Mail, RSS, Linky Followers
Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter

Pinterest

Join Us For

WOYWW

WOYWW 2012 - Paisley Button

45 Responses to “WOYWW – Thinking Of You”

1. Ali Wade says:

Happy WOYWW. Lovely card – and the co-ordinating envelope is fab. Ali x #22, with candy

2. BlueInks says:

I love me some plaid paper! I like the layout on your card. I enjoyed viewing your card on 2TC. Oh, and your cats are cute!

3. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

Beautiful card with matching envelope and beautiful cat! You are so creative. I also find card making and scrapbooking therapeutic. God bless!

4. Claire says:

it’s a really pretty card – such calming colours – and how lovely to rekindle an old friendship 🙂
    have a great WOYWW and a wonderful week!

5. Sara Jansen says:

You’re right. The plaid is perfect guy fodder. I really like the dark green paper…I can think of a lot of different ways to use something like that. I always forget to stamp something on the envelope – and it adds so much. Thanks for the reminder. Have a great week.
    sara j #29

6. sandy :) says:

Such a pretty card, really like the stamping you have done really blends your papers.. Good job on using up some scraps.
    Sandy 🙂 #16

7. Annie says:

Fab card and I love that cat….what a cutie…hope the vet trip went well.

Happy WOYWW and crafty hugs

Annie G x

8. Helen says:

Great card! Happy WOYWW Helen, 8

9. Ria Gall says:

what a lovely card I really love plaid and some people find it difficult to use but yours fits in so well with the other paper and stamps. I hope your friendship takes off and you have a lot of laughs together
    Have a great WOYWW thank you for sharing your workspace today
    Ria #39

10. Heather says:

It can be such fun to gather remnants and create something Beautiful.
    Love your card design and the button detail looks fab x
    Happy WOYWW Heather #59

11. Silvia says:

A fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Flonz Craft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

12. gill says:

Happy WOYWW, I love your card and the reason for it… Have a good week.. Gill x #45

13. Jackie says:

Like the stamps you have used on your card
    Mmm cats vets !!!!! They become wild creatures who embarrass you
    Jackie 10

14. Roudi says:

What a pretty card you’ve made! I’m sure your friend will love it!
    And your kitty cat is the cutest thing ever. xx

Waving hi from the Pyramids in Egypt!
    Roudi # 58

15. SusanLotus says:

Inspiring blog!
    And I love your cat!

Happy day to you!
    WOYWW, nr 60
    Susan

16. Sue H says:

The simplicity of the stamp you’ve used on your card and envelope look very effective and the colour combi is great.

Love the beautiful photo of Tsunami too and the story of his vets visit. BoJangles doesn’t mind visiting either and gets in his basket no problem but my previous cat Emily was a totally different story. The mere mention of the vet and she turned into the cat from hell, so much so that no one there liked treating her.
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue @86
    x

17. The House of Bears says:

We love your card, and the little button embellishment finishes it off nicely. We may have to try that idea.

Waving hi from the house of bears @#80 this week.

18. Lori says:

Nice card and always love your cat.

Hope you get a chance to check out my blog.
    Lori #107

19. Vickie Y says:

Plaid is awesome! Great way to use your scraps. Thank you for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

20. Sandy Leigh says:

Love that card–amazing it came from scraps. Sometimes I think that creating from our scraps is so much more productive! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #106

21. paula schuck says:

That is so pretty! Love it.

22. Melissa B
    Twitter: RecentBooks

I love your card, its so pretty!

23. Carrie says:

This is gorgeous, and a talent I’ll probably never realize! I always loved crafting my own greeting cards as a child – there’s nothing like receiving a homemade card. I’m sure your friend will love it!

24. Liz Black says:

What a sweet card, I love how you’ve co-ordinated the envelope too. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz at 147 x

25. Oh pretty card and beautiful cat…A fab day here, lots of sunshine and melting.. I am so ready for spring. Enjoy the week, they just fly by.

26. Charlene says:

Sweet card and way to use up those leftover pieces. That is one gorgeous cat and I’m not a cat person! #91

27. Kelly says:

Love the colors you found in your scraps to work with and how you pulled everything together. Pretty kitty too. Creative Blessings!

28. April S. says:

Your card is lovely. I am planning on entering some challenges myself this week. I really like using sketches – helps to get my creative juices flowing. April #145

29. xmasdolly
    Twitter: Xmasdolly

Oh wow, I didn’t know you make cards. I always go see Glitterbabe’s she makes really wonderful cards. Have you been there? They’re really neat. I’m not as talented with that kind of stuff, but I can play a mean piano. hehehehe

30. Sandy says:

Beautiful card and matching envelope!
    Sandy 🙂

31. Janet says:

A great card thanks for joining in the lejdesigns Challenge
    Janet

32. great CAS card! Thanks for joining our challenge at whoopsi daisy this week and good luck x

33. Jeanette says:

How pretty. Love that plaid paper!

Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

34. Jill says:

Pretty card!

35. Tracie C. says:

I love your card. Just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

36. Ohhh Snap says:

Love the card. I have an abiding love for gingham (and plaid and houndstooth lol). And I tip my hat to you for meeting so many challenges with it! And Tsunami’s ears are so lovely : D. Happy belated WOYWW! #113

37. trisha too says:

Very sweet card–and does plaid ever really go out of style? But oh my, yes, that was all thing with the paper there for a while, wasn’t it?!

🙂

38. Sarah says:

What a lovely card. I’m glad you got back to making these 🙂

Thanks for linking up!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

39. Laurie says:

What a sweet card! I have always loved the simplicity of plaid. It’s wonderful to have a stash of “Thinking of You” cards so you can easily pop it in the mail to a friend. Even better is to be able to create such a sweet card using leftover scraps!

40. annie! says:

I love the card…and using up scraps! And the kitty pix at the vet…captions are perfect!