Wordless Wednesday – Trouble

Magellan at 8 Weeks

Photos Of The Week
Trouble (Magellan at Eight Weeks)
and
A Lamp Should Not Look Like This!

My husband warned me that this one was going to be trouble.
He warned me not to get snookered by a pretty face.
“I recognized a Tsunami when I saw one, and this one?
I predict we have a Typhoon on our hands!”

Of course, I’m an eternal optimist.
Of course, I had higher hopes for his future than that!
“Sure, he’s a little rambunctious now, but
Greatness lies within my Magellan!

Of course, even the best of us sometimes go astray!

However, there’s no way to sugar-coat our latest kitten disaster.
I have to acknowledge the cold hard facts.

A lamp  –
Especially one gifted by one’s beloved –
Should never look like this!

Broken Lamp

So – in honor of Magellan’s Dastardly Deed Of The Week –
The one that accidentally occurred during the midst of innocent play –
I am sharing a poem that truly fits the occasion.

The poem is called To A Vase – but the sentiment still applies!

Poem Of The Week – To A Vase

How do I break thee? Let me count the ways.
I break thee if thou art at any height
My paw can reach, when, smarting from some slight,
I sulk, or have one of my crazy days.
I break thee with an accidental graze
Or twitch of tail, if I should take a fright.
I break thee out of pure and simple spite
The way I broke the jar of mayonnaise.
I break thee if a bug upon thee sits.
I break thee if I’m in a playful mood,
And then I wrestle with the shiny bits.
I break thee if I do not like my food.
And if someone they shards together fits,
I’ll break thee once again when thou art glued.

Henry N. Beard
Poetry For Cats: The Definitive Anthology of Distinguished Feline Verse

How do I love thee Magellan?
Let me count the ways!

Wordless Wednesday – Week of January 28, 2014

E-Mail, RSS,Blog Lovin,
Facebook, Google Plus, TwitterPinterest

Join Us For

Grow Your Blog With

Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

51 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – Trouble”

1. Oh, how sweet. My dog Jackson gets into trouble too at times, but it’s part of his personality, and I adore him. Thanks for hosting!

It’s hard to stay mad at them for too long (although I was none too pleased when this happened!)
      Of course, it was a total accident.
      Magellan was playing with Rosie the Rat (I have to post a photo of that – one of the best cat toys ever!) –
      Tossed it up in the air – pounced down to catch it – and landed on the lamp cord and pulled the whole thing down in a split second!

I’m just glad he wasn’t hurt.
      Miraculously – the lamp still works – and, not surprisingly – he kept right no playing!

2. YAM says:

Hari OM
    Moochy Magellan’s eyes say “who? ME??!!” Great poem too. YAM xx

3. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

Aww! Magellan is beautiful what a lovely face heheh!

Have a purrrfect week ahead 😉

4. Dominique Goh
    Twitter: dominiquegoh

Aww… the cat broke the lamp..hope that no one was injured.

Fortunately we made it through unscathed – it was a bedroom lamp so we really had to be careful in making sure that all of the glass shards were removed from the carpet!

5. Diana @ Toronto Teacher Mom
    Twitter: teac

Oops! Sorry about the lamp but boy, Magellan has such a gorgeous coat of fur!

6. Patricia
    Twitter: SugarSpiceATN

Uh oh… how can you be angry with a sweet face like that?. Great poem.

7. Jay @craftyspices
    Twitter: CraftySpices

Magellan os growing very fast, yet very beautiful. I hope getting into trouble is not on a regular bases.
    Have a lovely day!

When we got Magellan – he was 11 weeks old and weighed 3.8 pounds.
      Now – he has been here for a month – is 18 weeks old (just over 4 months) – and weighed in today at 6.8 pounds!
      He is growing like a weed! (Not a flattering metaphor but true!)
      And the thing is – he is SO active – he looks like a skinny lanky boy!

(And yes – mischief and Magellan seem to go hand in hand – but he has enough charm to wiggle his way out of it most days!)

8. Sue says:

love the coloring on your kitty.. silly kitty breaking that lamp 🙂

9. Christine M. (Cool Mom)
    Twitter: StanleyNKatrina

What a lovely way to find your lamp, and what a great way to look at the circumstances. 🙂 Good thing he is cute, right?

10. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

So very cute and a bit naughty! 😉

11. Teresa
    Twitter: thenanahood

Awww, he didn’t aim to! My son’s dog, on the other hand, has chewed up no less than 6 television remotes! He obviously has a problem!

Blessings to you on this cold, January day!

Teresa from NanaHood.com

I used to have a dog who loved to lay at my feet – chew on things he wasn’t supposed to – and when I looked down, hid the evidence beneath his paw!

Your son’s dog needs a 12-step program – lol! Stay warm, dear friend!

12. Mystery Case
    Twitter: msmysterycase

Now that I’ve declared Words on Wednesday I’m practically wordless this week.

Love this week’s photo, real it wasn’t me innocent look!

13. Crys Wiltshire
    Twitter: CrysWiltshire

What a little rascal. But much too cute to stay mad at 😉

14. Honestly my cats have broken far more things than my daughter has!

15. Colonialst says:

The lamp is, indeed, an ex-lamp.
    The cat is innocent – you can see it in that face!
    Henry should have his Beard pulled for not acknowledging Elizabeth Barratt Browning.

16. JP @ A Quiet Corner
    Twitter: IamjpJP

So, Magellan, has begun to find the new world???…LOL!…:)JP

17. Ai Sakura
    Twitter: Aisakuraharuka

oh no! So mischievous.. but how to resist that face??

That’s what my husband says.
      Of course, my husband hasn’t had his lamp broken… of his keyboard cord chewed in half… or his computer shut down by the mischievous Magellan!

And – have I mentioned – I am now doing daily calisthenics because my little cherub is a dumpster diver?
      Note: Replace open trash cans with lidded ones ASAP!

18. paula schuck says:

It is hard to mad at something that cute.

19. Nan G says:

Ah yes, accidents do happen. And they still happen with the Girls at my house. He is a cutie tho. Warm hugs from Nan and the Girls

20. Magellan does have that look of mischief in his eyes! Sometimes cats are just lucky that they are so cute 🙂 Sorry to hear about the lamp!

21. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly
    Twitter: Tracy_Iglesias

Pictures and Poetry? Too much Wordless Wednesday awesomeness! Sorry about the lamp, but you sure did find the perfect poem to accompany your post!

Thanks for the linky, I linked up (I think I’m #140 today), Happy WW!

22. Cathy Kennedy says:

Linking up a day late. Whew, it’s a very nippy morning all of 8°! Can someone create a little spring and send it this way? Let me say in advance….Thank you! 😀

Hi Cathy,

Brrrr… don’t know if I can send spring your way… but maybe a toasty mug of hot chocolate will keep you warm and toasty?
      Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!

1. […] Wordless Wednesday (create-with-joy.com) […]

2. […] with Wordless Wednesday at Create With Joy and this Saturday’s Camera […]

3. […] By the way – Magellan was a very naughty boy this week. He is giving Mister Naughty Pants a run for his money! To get the full scoop, visit Wordless Wednesday – Trouble! […]

4. […] Wordless Wednesday […]

5. […] Last week I shared what happens when an Exuberant kitten meets a delicate lamp. […]

6. Winter Snuggles {WW} | Country Charmed Life says: