Heart-Shaped Frittatas Recipe
Are you looking for a romantic way to celebrate your Valentine’s Day, anniversary, or another special occasion? Why not whip up a batch of these Heart-Shaped Frittatas for that special person in your life – or your entire family!
A Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish that tastes similar to a quiche without the crust. It is a perfect dish for incorporating your favorite meats, cheeses and vegetables. You can customize it based on the ingredients you have on hand – or the taste preferences of you and your family!
Need a set of heart-shaped pans? I created my Heart-Shaped Frittatas in these awesome pans – complete with removable bottoms – from Wholeport.
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 ½ Cups Cheese (We Used A Blend of Swiss, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Asadero Cheese)
1 to 1 ½ Cups Diced Ham
½ Cup Diced Red Pepper
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Granulated Onions
½ Teaspoons Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1 Slice Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Per Frittata
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Butter 6 heart-shaped tart pans.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with the whisk attachment, whip together the following ingredients: the eggs, the whipping cream, and all of the seasonings.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low.
5. Add the cheese, ham, and 1/3 cup of the red peppers. Mix until completely combined.
6. Place the buttered tart pans onto a baking sheet and gently ladle the egg mixture into the buttered tart pans. Be careful! Since the bottoms of the tart pans are removable, you may experience some liquid seeping through the bottom of the pans, so you will want to keep everything as stationary as possible.
7. Gently place 1 slice of fresh mozzarella in the center of each tart pan on top of the egg mixture.
8. Sprinkle the remainder of the red peppers on top of the mozzarella.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
10. Remove the baking pan from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing the individual frittatas from the tart pans. If needed, loosen the frittatas with a knife. Use a spatula to separate the frittatas from the removable bottoms.
11. Serve and garnish as desired.
For more great ideas, visit
Create With Joy – Recipes.
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!