What Did I Create This Week?
Today, when I walked into the Creative Corner, there was only one thing that I knew for sure:
I wanted to create a really beautiful card.
I wanted to create a card that would speak to my spirit during the creative process, and would ultimately speak to the heart of the person who receives it.
So, I turned on some music and began gathering supplies from the four corners of my studio.
First, came the papers: a collection of beautiful patterned papers from Close To My Heart’s Silhouette collection in soothing floral neutrals.
Next, came the sentiment. I dug through a dozen stamp baskets before selecting C1266, Faith, Hope, Charity – also from Close To My Heart. I love this stamp set – every sentiment is a beautiful encouragement. I chose the following sentiment for my card:
Faith is knowing the sun will shine bright on each new day.
Finally came the adornaments. I chose to embellish the card with a coordinating CTMH ribbon, tied in a love knot for accentuation; two lovely flowers from Petaloo (a different set than shown in the photo), and a few pearl rhinestones from Marcella K.
The card is stamped in CTMH Black Archival Ink and distressed in Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Charcoal.
What have you created this week? Here’s a few places to share your lovely creations!
- Share your creativity at Inspire Me Monday for a chance to have your artwork featured!
- Join us at Friendship Friday for a chance to be our Friend Of The Week!
- Share your desk at WOYWW and let the world peek into your creative process!
If you need inspiration, check out the Creative Art Challenges at the end of this post!
What Are The Crafty Coons Up To This Week?
Have you ever wondered about the personalities behind the gorgeous cat photos you see each week at Create With Joy?
This week at Wordless Wednesday we’re getting Up Close And Personal with Magellan! Stop by to learn more about our youngest Crafty Coon!
While you’re here, be sure to check our current list of ever-changing giveaways on the sidebar!
And – if you’re on Instagram – join me there for exclusive photos not found on my blog!
Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting!
Creative Art Challenges
Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (now organized by THEME)!
- Crafty Catz Challenge #251 – Black Plus One Other Color
- Papertake Weekly – Black & White And…
- Top Tip Tuesday – Favorite Color Combo
What types of design elements and embellishments will you incorporate? These challenges help you determine which items to use on your project!
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper October Challenge
- Whoopsi Daisy – Show Us Lots Of Embellies Challenge
These challenges encourage you to incorporate different techniques into your project!
- Craft-Dee BowZ – October Challenge
- Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #18 – Layer It
- Creative Card Crew #73 – Bows
- Melonheadz Friends – Lots Of Layers Challenge
Theme & Sentiment Challenges
These challenges help you decide the theme of your card.
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- Crafting At The Weekend #6 – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart #40 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Girls Challenge 29 – Anything Goes
- D.L. Art October Challenge – Anything Goes
- Fattastic Tuesday #58 – Anything Goes With A Twist – Add Some Flowers
- Imagination Crafts October Challenge – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – 10/13 to 10/25 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #4 – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays 186 – Anything Goes Challenge
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 29 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #79 – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft – October Anything Goes Challenge
- Sweet Stamps #192 – Anything Goes
- Take Heart Ideas October Challenge – Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls Challenge 66 – Anything Goes
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge 21 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door Oct 21 – 27 – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 155 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!