Holiday Mashed Potatoes Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious mashed potatoes recipe to complement your holiday menu, then this is it!
In our household, we generally reserve mashed potatoes for holidays and special occasions (because the gravy we make to accompany it is so decadently sinful) – but growing up, mashed potatoes were a favorite accompaniment to Sunday dinners as well!
This recipe is a little bit mashed – a little bit smashed – but totally satisfying and extremely gratifying!
We are including Holiday Mashed Potatoes on our Easter Menu this year – but be sure to bookmark it for your Thanksgiving and Christmas Menus as well!
5 Large Russet Potatoes
1 Stick Butter
8 Ounces Cream Cheese
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Pepper
1. Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut them into large pieces, leaving the skin on.
2. Place the potatoes in a pot of water and bring the water to a boil. Cook the potatoes until they are done and soft enough to be pierced with a fork.
3. Transfer the potatoes to the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment.
4. Beat the potatoes for a minute or two, then add the melted butter and cream cheese. Continue to beat the potatoes for another minute or two until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Your goal in this step is to evenly distribute the ingredients, not to remove the lumps.
5. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and beat until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Serves 8 to 10 people.
For More Great Recipes
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!