Three Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups

Three Cheese Mini Macoroni Cups

When you think of comfort food, what dishes come to mind? Chances are high that macaroni and cheese quickly rolled off of your tongue!

Did you know that macaroni and cheese has been on America’s top ten list of comfort food for decades and consistently ranks on the top ten list of favorite foods for children as well?

According to My Macoroni And Cheese, approximately one-third of the population of the United States and one half of the children in the US will eat macaroni and cheese at least once over the course of any 12-week period.

That’s a lot of macaroni and cheese!

If you’d like to enjoy this wonderful dish in delectable but portion controlled bites, or you’re looking for a party-pleasing appetizer to serve at your next gathering, why not try our Three Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups?

It’s a fun but sophisticated version of the American Classic we know and love!

Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups Recipe

Three Cheese Mini Mac Cups Close-Up

Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups Ingredients

1/2 Pound Elbow Macaroni
1 1/2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Plus Additional Butter For Brushing
1/4 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Packed Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup of Deli Sliced American Cheese, Chopped
1 Large Egg Yolk
1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Spanish Paprika

Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

2. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and shake off the excess water.

2. Brush four 12-cup, nonstick mini muffin tins with butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese; tap out the excess.

3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking, until boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the Cheddar and American cheeses and whisk until melted. Turn off the heat. Whisk in the egg yolk and paprika. Fold in the elbow macaroni.

4. Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of elbow macaroni into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.

5. Bake the Three Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups in the upper and middle thirds of the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Let them cool for 5 minutes.

6. Using a small spoon, carefully loosen the Three Cheese Mini Macoroni Cups, transfer them to a platter, and serve.

Tip: You can make this recipe ahead of time by preparing it through Step 4 and refrigerating it overnight.

Resources

For More Great Recipes

Stay In Touch!

Follow Create With Joy On:

ForRent.Com Badge

Create With Joy developed this original recipe for ForRent.Com.
The recipe originally appeared in our article Fun Food For Your Football Party.

Please contact us if you are interested in our recipe development services!

Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!

40 Responses to “Three Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups”

1. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

Oooooh, these look so yummy! I’m popping in from #SittingAmongFriends blog party. Have a blessed day!

2. Beth F
    Twitter: BethFishReads

Great way to put a new spin on an old classic!

3. Just fab, this would be a super contribution to Food on Friday: Cheese over at Carole’s Chatter. Please do bring them over. Cheers

4. Jaime Wiebel says:

These look great and fun. I think my kids would love them. Thank you for sharing with us at Sitting Among Friends on Wednesdays. Hope to see more posts next week. I love reading new recipes.

5. What a great recipe! I have four kids and Mac and Cheese is one of the things they all agree on and anything in cupcake pans is great! I could freeze them for later too! Thanks!

6. Michelle says:

Yum! Thanks for sharing 🙂

7. Miz Helen says:

These are great Macaroni Cups! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

8. That is a lot of macaroni and cheese! I love these cute little Mini Macaroni Cups – what a fun and tasty way to keep the kids (and grown ups) in your life very happy! Thank you for bringing this delicious recipe to the Hearth and Soul Hop. Shared!

9. Sarah-Ann says:

Do you think you can freeze these? They would make great go to meal for a busy night.

I’m not sure Sarah-Ann if you can freeze them – they didn’t last long enough in our home to require freezing – but they would be fine in the fridge for a few days – if you freeze, let us know how it goes! 🙂

10. swathi says:

Three cheese mini macaroni cups looks delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning and tweeting.

11. Crystal says:

How easy! I was surfing the internet for lunch ideas for my children that were different from the regular sandwiches and I think this would be great to use. Thanks for sharing!

12. Echo says:

These look incredible! I bet my kids would love them! Thanks for sharing this recipe at the #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup!

13. Nicole says:

It looks wonderful ~The kiddos will sure love this!

14. Danita Carr says:

What a great idea! These look really yummy! 🙂 #SmallVictories

15. Julie S. says:

Ooh what a fun twist on mac and cheese. This one has to be a kid favorite too.

16. These look so awesome! My kids would really love these (and so would I)! Thanks for sharing with us at Share The Wealth Sunday!
    xoxo
    Lisa

17. Oh, yum! These look so delicious! My sons love Macaroni and cheese. I am definitely going to have to make this for them! Thanks for sharing with #SocialButterflySunday! Hope to see you link up again this week 🙂

18. Anyone who tells me that there is something better than portable mac and cheese you can eat with your hands is a big fat liar – these look SO good!

19. Sherry says:

These macaroni cups are divine! I bet my grandkids will eat these. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us at Funtastic Friday.

20. Oh, yum! What a great idea. I’m thinking these would be perfect for a girls weekend treat or to serve at a mac and cheese / wine pairing party. Or maybe even for a heavy appetizer. Thanks for sharing!

21. These looks so yummy! Definitely going to try the recipe!

22. These would make such great toddler food! Who doesn’t like everything in mini form!

23. Christine says:

My mouth was watering by the 2nd photograph…..Thanks for joining the DI & DI Link Party, we enjoyed having you and hope to see you again!

24. These look and sound delicious! Pinning to share and bookmark.

25. gigi says:

I’ve been meaning to make macaroni cups for so long! I think they are perfect little appetizers! Thank you for the recipe!

26. Oh my gosh…I would eat the entire plate! Thanks for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Share The Wealth Sunday! I’ll be featuring it at our next party!

27. These are adorable and I bet they would be super easy to freeze as well! 🙂

28. Hil says:

Yummy! Yup, my kids are part of that statistic, at least once a month I would say, they love mac and cheese! A real crowd pleaser.

You should share at #bloggerspotlight too!

29. Cristina says:

This looks so delicious! I am so hungry right now!

1. […] Three Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups  {Create With Joy} — I really need only say three cheese macaroni but baking it in a mini muffin tin makes this recipe extra special and delicious.  […]