When you think of comfort food, what dishes come to mind? Chances are high that macaroni and cheese quickly rolled off of your tongue!
Did you know that macaroni and cheese has been on America’s top ten list of comfort food for decades and consistently ranks on the top ten list of favorite foods for children as well?
According to My Macoroni And Cheese, approximately one-third of the population of the United States and one half of the children in the US will eat macaroni and cheese at least once over the course of any 12-week period.
That’s a lot of macaroni and cheese!
If you’d like to enjoy this wonderful dish in delectable but portion controlled bites, or you’re looking for a party-pleasing appetizer to serve at your next gathering, why not try our Three Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups?
It’s a fun but sophisticated version of the American Classic we know and love!
Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups Recipe
Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups Ingredients
1/2 Pound Elbow Macaroni
1 1/2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Plus Additional Butter For Brushing
1/4 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Packed Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup of Deli Sliced American Cheese, Chopped
1 Large Egg Yolk
1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Spanish Paprika
Three-Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and shake off the excess water.
2. Brush four 12-cup, nonstick mini muffin tins with butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese; tap out the excess.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking, until boiling, about 5 minutes. Add the Cheddar and American cheeses and whisk until melted. Turn off the heat. Whisk in the egg yolk and paprika. Fold in the elbow macaroni.
4. Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of elbow macaroni into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.
5. Bake the Three Cheese Mini Macaroni Cups in the upper and middle thirds of the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Let them cool for 5 minutes.
6. Using a small spoon, carefully loosen the Three Cheese Mini Macoroni Cups, transfer them to a platter, and serve.
Tip: You can make this recipe ahead of time by preparing it through Step 4 and refrigerating it overnight.
For More Great Recipes
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Create With Joy developed this original recipe for ForRent.Com.
The recipe originally appeared in our article Fun Food For Your Football Party.
Please contact us if you are interested in our recipe development services!
Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!