Tips For Journaling In Your Brand New Journaling Bible
Are you interested in Bible Journaling but not sure how to start? Whether you’ve been Bible journaling for a day or a year, making your first mark on the fresh new pages of a Bible is always a little intimidating: the key is just to start!
To encourage you to start or continue your creative Bible journaling journey, I’ve teamed up with Tyndale House to offer one of my US readers the opportunity to win a brand new edition of the NLT Reflections Bible in Ocean Blue Hardcover Cloth. Enter our Bible Journaling Giveaway, then follow along for some tips on decorating the cover and journaling your first page!
First, I believe that your Bible should be personalized to reflect the relationship between God and you. So, as much as I love the beautiful Ocean Blue fabric cover (which is actually my favorite shade of blue), I could not wait to customize the cover. I consider the Bible a Book of Blessings, so I used my bling to create a simple yet stunning cover that will remind me of my Blessings in Christ every time I open this book!
Next, I decided to simply begin where I am – to just jump into the Word and journal what was on my heart. Lately, I’ve been dealing with a very stressful situation that has left me praying for wisdom. So, I began my creative Bible journaling session by listening to worship music. As I was praying, God directed me to this verse:
But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The Lord Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm. – Exodus 14:13-14
As I went back and read the entire chapter, I felt that this Bible verse provided direct insight into the situation I was praying about. I wanted to record God’s response to my prayer, so that I would remember what He had spoken to me as in this moment and in the days, weeks, and months to come.
I used my new set of archival quality Sakura Pigma Micron Pens from Oriental Trading to write my notes. I picked up a set of 16 colors since I like having as much variety to write in as possible, but you can also get these in sets of 6 colors. The .45 mm pens were the perfect weight for writing in my Bible – they did not smear a bit – and they matched the lovely colors of the Illustrated Faith Washi Tape, Tabs and Stickers that I accented the page with!
The top part of my page, which I journaled in response to the passage, reads:
When we are under attack,
The hardest thing to do is stay calm,
Be still, and
Hold our peace,
That’s what the Lord asks us to do.
Believe His Word.
He will fight for you!
The bottom half of the page contains lyrics from Great Reward – the Tim Timmons song I was listening to as I created the page:
Help me to know
You are God
I am not
Remind my soul
You’re in control…
I used my Xyron label maker to secure the Being Brave tab to the page.
Creating your first journaling page in a new Bible can be a little bit intimidating, especially if you’ve never done it before – but once you break the ice and get started, I promise you will want to fill every page with the inspiring messages and insights that you receive from God.
Be sure to tune in next week to see what I journaled on the back side of this page!
Disclosure: Thanks to Tyndale House Publishers and Oriental Trading for the complementary products (Bible and pens) that were featured in this article.
An Invitation To Share
If you’re a crafter or creative blogger, we’d love for you to share your creative posts at our week-long Inspire Me Monday Party – you may even become one of our Featured Guests!
Creative Art Challenges
What’s On Your Desk this week? I decorated the cover of my new NLT Reflections Bible from Tyndale House and journaled my first page using Sakura Pigma Micron Pens from Oriental Trading Company as well as in-my-stash items from Illustrated Faith, Erin Condren and The Happy Planner!
If you’re looking for more ways to jump-start your creativity, visit the desk-hoppers at WOYWW or join one of the following Creative Art Challenges:
- A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #41 – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #196
- Brown Sugar Challenge #244 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations #338 – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart #153 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends Challenge – B Is For Bible Journaling
- Crafty Gals Corner #116 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Girls Creations #35 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs #338 – Anything Goes
- Crop Stop March Challenge #26 (Adhesive)
- Creatalicious Challenges #112 – Anything Goes
- Creates And Makes Challenge #10 – Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday Week 14 – Anything Goes
- DL Art April Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination #125 – Anything Goes
- Jo’s Scrap Shack FFC #182 – Anything Goes
- Journaling Through The Bible – Week 13
- Kitty Bee Designs / Aloha Friday Challenges #91 – Spring Cleaning (Tab)
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge #38 – Anything Goes
- Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge #55 – Anything Goes
- Pammies Inky Pinky Challenges #1714 – Anything Goes
- Pink Saturday – Anything Goes
- Pinspirational Challenge #187 (Colors)
- Polkadoodle Week #13 – Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede Challenge #237 – Anything Goes
- Scrappers Delight Anything Goes Challenge
- Simply Papercraft #45 – Anything Goes
- Stamp Art Papel – Retarte #94 – Anything Goes
- The Crafty Addicts #35 – Anything Goes
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge 4 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week of April 4-10 – Anything Goes
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 276-277 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place April Challenge – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!