Welcome To Wordless Wednesday At Create With Joy!
How To Keep Your Cat Safe On The 4th Of July
Hello friends – my name is Magellan and I am a full-fledged adult Maine Coon Cat. As you can see, I am celebrating my freedom this Independence Day weekend by catching the breeze and guarding my home behind a reinforced safety screen that Mom had especially designed for me – but Mom says that on the night of July 4th, she’ll be shutting all of the doors and windows in our home, turning on the fans to keep us cool, serenading us with peaceful music to keep us calm, and doing everything she can to ensure that we have a safe holiday!
You see, fireworks may be fun for humans – but they are totally terrifying for cats, dogs and any other pets you have at home! You would think that common sense would tell you not to bring your pets to your local parks and firework festivities on the fourth – but every year, Mom says that humans show up with dogs at these events.
It’s a recipe for disaster.
Similarly, many people often leave their pets outside in their back yards – but what happens if an errant firework comes their way (or worse)? We shudder at the thought!
We implore you to plan for your pet’s safety when planning your holiday festivities and keep these simple tips in mind:
- First and foremost – keep your pets safe and secure at home! Loud, crowded firework events are no fun, even for the most social of pets.
- Keep in mind that people often set off fireworks (whether legally or not) on this holiday – so make sure they are kept within a safe place within your home. If possible, provide them with calm background music to minimize their stress levels, keeping in mind that animals can often hear things that we cannot.
- Provide your pets with safe, comfortable places to hide within your home in case they get frightened.
- Make sure that everything in your house is secure so that if your pets panic, nothing comes crashing down and harms them.
- If possible, provide your pet with companionship that evening to help ensure their safety.
- Make sure that your pets have identification on them and that you have up to date photos of them in case they get loose – particularly if they are prone to escape.
My mom always worries about our safety on the 4th as we live near a place that shoots off fireworks – but with her TLC, she always finds us safe and sound when she comes home.
We wish you and your family – particularly your furry ones – a happy 4th of July!
Chat In The Comments
How are you celebrating July 4th and keeping your pets safe?
Please share your plans and tips in the comments –
Inquiring minds would love to know!
Wordless Wednesday – Week of July 4, 2017
Happy Wordless Wednesday, dear friends! It’s time to share your favorite family-friendly photos – with or without words – at the friendliest party in town!
To participate, please link directly to your Wordless Wednesday post – leave a comment – then visit your fellow photography buffs! You’ll make some wonderful friends and see some fabulous photographers along the way!
Please spread the word about this party by displaying our beautiful Wordless Wednesday button and linking back to this post (the code is on my sidebar!) It would also be great if you could use the social media buttons below the post to spread the word!
Enjoy the party and have a fabulous week!
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!