Where Bloggers Create 2011

Where-Bloggers-Create-2011

Where Bloggers Create 2011

Welcome to Where Bloggers Create 2011 – an annual event where bloggers share their creative spaces! Legend, my Crafty Coon, and I are delighted to show you The Paper Palace, the place where the artistry begins!

Legend-Welcomes-You-To-The-Paper-Palace

Legend, The Crafty Coon, Welcomes You

When you enter The Paper Palace, the first thing you notice is the desk that I blog and paper craft from. Beneath the front of my desk, I’ve stashed two paper holders to hold stationery and pretty printer paper. Behind my desk are the storage cabinets that Prince Charming designed for me.

The-Magic-Begins-Here

The Magic Begins Here

One of my challenges as a crafter is displaying things in an organized fashion. I like having tools that I frequently use nearby so that I can find them when needed. One of my favorite spots in The Paper Palace is my Ink Pad Storage Cabinets, which I recycled out of old cassette and CD holders. I find looking at the colors very inspiring and soothing!

Ink-Pad-Storage

Ink Pad Storage

My desk drawers house a few crafty surprises, such as my Just Rite Stamps and Stickles!

Stamps-&-Stickles

Stamps & Stickles

Of course, my desktop is rarely as clear as today’s photo would indicate. Most days, it is overflowing with projects and distractions. How productive would you be if this sight greeted you on a daily basis?

Distractions

Distractions Come In All Shapes & Sizes

Moving along, here’s a close-up of the cabinets that Prince Charming built.

Paper-Cabinets

Paper Cabinets

When I first moved into The Paper Palace, the cubbyholes were overflowing with weeds, but now a beautiful flower garden has been planted in its place.

Flower-Garden

My Flowers Never Need Watering

Hidden behind the cabinet doors is my paper collection!

Paper-Organization

Hours Went Into Organizing The Paper

Now, to the left of my desk lies a wall of shelves that Prince Charming built inside what was once a closet! As you can tell from the photo, I am quite fond of collecting pretty boxes that I then use to store more stash! Along this wall you’ll find stamps and embellishments… fabrics and fibers… ribbons and paints… and plenty of goodies to alter!

Crafty-Closet-Shelves

Where The Stamps & Embellishments Live

Across from my desk are a few more bookshelves where I store pretty baskets and boxes filled with more of my stash – a few furry friends – and some of my art!

Pretty-Baskets

Pretty Baskets & More Delights

Thank you so much for joining me for the Where Blogger’s Create 2011 blog party, and thanks to our fabulous hosts – Where Women Create Magazine and the fabulous Karen Valentine from My Desert Cottage! Please leave a comment so I’ll know you stopped by, and enjoy the rest of the tour!

93 Responses to “Where Bloggers Create 2011”

1. Katherines Corner
    Twitter: goaskkatie

one word…WOW!

2. Doni says:

Thanks so much for joining me for my Pearls and Lace Thursday Link Party!! I’m so glad you did, and your room is amazing! I can see now why you are able to create so many beautiful things!
    Blessings, Doni

3. Angela says:

Tuesday Hopper! Following GFC & Twitter! Please stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi!

4. LOVE it, LOVE it!!!!
    Thanx for linking up to my Time Travel Tuesday, the more you share, tweet and tell a friend … the more fun it will be!
    Lovely to have you over, have a great week … and be sure to get your pic ready for Wordless Wednesday link up tomorrow 🙂
    Love – Nicole

5. MissMOE says:

So neat and organized! Can I move in?!

6. Deb Chitwood
    Twitter: RaisingSkaters

Wow – I am SO IMPRESSED! Well done! My Montessori part absolutely loves it! The part of me that isn’t nearly that organized has to do digital scrapbooking because I could just never keep all the scrapbooking supplies organized otherwise. Visiting from HHH.

7. Spencer says:

Oh what I wouldn’t give for a nice big desk like that….. I don’t think it would even fit into my little space! 🙂

Warm blessings,
    Spencer

8. Kim Beaulieu says:

I love to see other people who enjoy organization as much as me. Great site. Kim

9. Maureen says:

I am in awe of your organizational skills! Right now it looks like a bomb went off in my craft room!

10. Maureen says:

I am in awe of your organizational skills! It looks like a bomb went off in my craft room right now!

11. Maureen says:

Oopsies…I thought the first comment hadn’t gone through!

12. Recipe to Devour says:

Just Hopping over to say hello! Please follow me back =)

13. Tomi says:

This post makes me wanna get a bit more organized.

Tomi
    Thanks for visiting the Get Wired Wednesday Blog Hop last week. I am following you back and hope you will join us this week.

14. Pinay Mommy Blogger says:

Hello! This is my first time here. Passing by and following.

Followed using Pinay Mommy Onine thru Monday Monkey GFC Blog Hop.

Hopping from http://www.pinaymommyonline.com ^_^

15. Julie Jordan Scott says:

I am here via Creative Every Day, not the blog hop and wow, love your space. One of my early Fall projects is re-creating my studio… I am craving (and need) pretty & functional organization. Thank you for the inspiration!

16. Mandi says:

I loooove how organized you are! 🙂

Following you from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop! I hope you’ll follow back. 🙂

Mandi
    boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

17. Adrienne says:

Hey there! Hopping on over from FTLOB to give your blog a little critique! I do just love how simple it is, but there is one thing that I would change! 🙂

Your right side bar, is a tad bit cluttered, there is just TOO MUCH information going on over there. Maybe pick somethings to make PAGES out of to put right below your header. Like maybe your HOT TOPICS or your little section THOUGHTS ON CREATIVITY or even your ORGANIZE YOUR SUPPLY list. 🙂

Love that you craft and you have a great crafty area!! I hope you have a wonderful day!
    -Adrienne

18. Terah says:

I love seeing your space. Very functional and pretty. BTW I gave girlie hammers to all the 20-somethings in my life. xoxo Terah

19. Victoria says:

Hello…Wow..Soooo wonderful..I love your beautiful space…and awww…such gorgeous kitty friends to have around…you are so lucky….and love the jars of flowers…everything is wonderful..your storage is awesome..shine on..simply lovely! I have enjoyed my tour..thanks for sharing!!
    Happy Creating!!
    Victoria

20. aquariann says:

Wow, you’re so organized! Wonderful crafting room.

Btw, I’m hopping by from The Wednesday Window and hope you’ll join my Summer Blog Hop, too.

21. It was fun seeing your area clean and orderly again this year.. Love the distractions of course (grin).

22. Cathy says:

OMG what an amazing work space … I am SOOOOO jealous!!!
    Happy WOYWW
    Cathy xx

23. Helen says:

What a fab space!

24. Neet says:

Oh what a fabulous place you have. I am just in awe of how beautiful it is – how inspiring (lots of room for your gorgeous furry distractions there) to work somewhere like that, All that storage and such beautiful storage too. Off for another look and a drool. Thanks for sharing – Hugs, Neet x #3

25. Julia Dunnit says:

It’s almost a celebrity scrapper’s space Ramona, so worth the investment of hours you put into it. Now…..get some stuff onto that huge desk and go on, show us what it looks like in use…dare ya!!

26. Glenda says:

Can I borrow Prince Charming? I think he would be very handy to have around. Love your cabinets! Well done Prince Charming!

27. Such a fabulous and inspiring place – wowee you are one very blessed lady in the crafty world….enjoy!

28. Kathleen says:

Wow…..Envy is not a strong enough word, what a fabulous work room I can only dream of such heaven. Thank you for sharing.
    Kathleen x

29. Rebekah says:

OMG what fabulous organised space I love it! Happy WOYWW hugs Rebekah #60 xx

30. Famfa says:

Beautiful workspace. Where does one get a prince charming???

31. Hope says:

beautiful cat.. my heavens you have everything so together.. and organized… only messes s in my corner of the world.. “smile”

32. DogsMom says:

On one hand, so very inspiring yet on the other – I could hang out here for days just admiring all the fun goodies to play with. I know you worked so very hard to make it look like this for our visit. And the kitties are wondering how long before they can take advantage of the clear runway space. Oh the temptation!

33. Jessica says:

Newest follower from I love blogging Wednesday blog hop!
    Visit my new veggie blog at and my cajun blog at
    xo jessica

34. Leslie says:

Everything sure looks beautiful!!! Love your shelves with all those baskets:)

35. cmyoung says:

Looks amazing! I;m your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back 🙂

36. Shoshi says:

What a gorgeous room! – and so well organised and pretty. Thanks for sharing!

37. Okienurse says:

Awesome craft room. Must be nice to have a crafty Prince Charming! I love the fur babies and aren’t they so much fun to have around! Thanks for sharing. Vickie

38. Linda @ Linda's Lunacy says:

Wow! What a great craft room! We have a craft room, too. But it’s nothing like yours! lol

Thanks for linking up to Making a Home!

Linda @ Linda’s Lunacy

39. Kelly says:

Love, love, love your workspace! That is all! LOL
    I am your newest follower from Bee Friendly Friday

40. I just love your cat’s name! My first love is my fiction writing and my second is my art. A friend introduce me to scrapping a few years ago. I also do watercolor and photography. I don’t have a crafting room. Yours looks lovely and so well-organized. I am living out of a few small cardboard boxes and dreaming of an art room, if I can move out of my apartment. It would also be my writing office.

-Nora

41. Tamatha says:

You have a lovely creative space and such a lucky girl that Prince Charming came along and gave you those fabulous shelves! The kitties look quite comefortable in the room with you!
    Tamatha

42. Hi there! Stopping by from The Wednesday Window. I love how organized you are!! I would love to have a space all my own, but with a family of 5 (we have 3 girls) in 1285 sq ft I don’t think it will be happening anytime soon. 🙂

43. I am re-visiting all the spaces starting with A. I was in such a hurry last time round to see more, I must have missed some blogs or didn’t give the Post Comments procedure time to complete itself, soooo if you are getting two comments from me ……

I love your cats so much what beautiful creatures, Oh and I love your space LoL. No seriously your space is lovley, so much lovley ‘stuff’, but yo r cats are beautiful too!