Illusion – Book Review
Imagine what it would be like to suddenly lose your wife of 40 years in a terrible accident… to mourn her loss… than to unexpectedly meet a young teenager who seems identical to her in just about every way…
Or to be a nineteen year old girl who suddenly discovers that her whole world has changed… that everything she remembers is gone… that somehow, inexplicably, she has jumped forward 40 years to a time when no one knows her… everyone thinks she is crazy… and it’s up to her to figure out what is going on…
This is the quandary that stage magicians Dane and Mandy face in Illusion – a suspenseful love story with a bit of a science fiction twist from publishing phenomenon Frank Peretti, known to many as “America’s hottest Christian novelist.”
Here’s what my husband, a huge Frank Peretti fan, says of this book:
Illusion demonstrates the deep bonds that exist between two people in love even in the midst of irreconcilable circumstances – and the lengths those people will go to for each other.
Overall, the storyline is quite good. The book holds the reader’s interest throughout.
Compared to his previous works, I thought that Illusion could have been more tightly edited. At times, I found the transitions rough and thought it was difficult to determine who was speaking. These minor flaws, however, could be easily corrected and should not stop anyone from reading the book…
As the plot of Illusion thickens, you will find yourself wondering how destiny will unfold for the protagonists – or if the characters are mere pawns in a complex and sinister conspiracy! If you’re a Frank Peretti fan – or a lover of unusual stories with a twist – you will want to add Illusion to your reading list!
Frank Peretti is a natural-born story teller and best-selling New York Times author who is best known for This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness, two tales about spiritual warfare. In 1996, he received the Gold Medallion Award for best fiction for his book The Oath. He has also written a best-selling series for children, The Cooper Kids Series, which has sold over 1 million books. In 2000, he released his first non-fiction book, The Wounded Spirit, which deals with the problem of bullying.
Illusion, Peretti’s first major release in seven years, hit The New York Best Seller’s list shortly after its release. The book is now available in Hardcover and Kindle eBook on Amazon. You can also purchase an unabridged Audiobook version that is read by the author himself!
- Learn more about the author at his website, Frank Peretti.
- Read author interviews pertaining to this book on the Ask Frank Blog Tour.
More Great Resources
- For more great books, visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews!
- Enhance your reading pleasure – join my 2012 Reading Challenges!
Illusion – Book Giveaway
Would you like the chance to own an Advance Reader’s Edition of Illusion? I would be delighted to award a copy to one of my loyal Create With Joy followers!
To enter, complete the Required Entry and then any Bonus Entries you desire. Please leave a SEPARATE COMMENT on this blog post for each entry you submit. Include your Name, E-Mail and any requested data so that I can verify your entries and contact you in the event that you win!
1. Required Entry: Follow Create With Joy through Google Plus, Twitter, Linky Followers, E-Mail Subscription, Pinterest, Stumble Upon or RSS Feed, then leave a comment letting me know how you follow and why you would like to win this book! Include your e-mail and the method/name you are following under for verification purposes.
2. Bonus Entry(s): Share this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or favorite forum and receive 1 bonus entry for each place you share, provided you submit a verifiable link with each entry.
3. Bonus Entry(s): Share this giveaway on Twitter using the tweet below! You can tweet up to three times a day. You will receive 1 entry per verified tweet.
Please Copy & Paste The Following Tweet For Your Entries
Enter to #Win Illusion by Frank Peretti at http://create-with-joy.com @CreateWithJoy1 #Books #BookReviews #ChristianBooks PLS RT
4. Bonus Entry(s): Award Create With Joy +K in Books, Creativity, Crafts and any other Klout Topics of your choice. Leave your Klout ID information in the comments for verification purposes. You will receive 1 entry per +K.
This giveaway closes on April 28, 2012. The winners will be chosen using a random number generator. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be contacted via e-mail and have 24 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.
This giveaway is open to all U.S. Create With Joy followers, ages 18 and over. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. By submitting an entry, you are indicating that you have read and agree to these Official Rules.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an Advance Reader’s Edition of this book from Howard Books for review purposes. I was not compensated for this review, nor was I required to write a positive review. The opinions are entirely those of the reviewers.