Book Review – Campfire Cuisine by Robin Donovan
Imagine this scenario:
You are going on a camping trip with your family and a few friends. You are responsible for planning all of your family’s meals and snacks. What does your menu look like?
If your shopping list is full of clichéd choices such as hotdogs, canned goods, and marshmallows to put on a stick, perhaps it’s time for a menu makeover!
If so, Robin Donovan is here to help.
In Campfire Cuisine – Gourmet Recipes for the Great Outdoors, Robin teaches you how to take outdoor cooking to a new level!
Robin is an experienced camper who believes in eating well, no matter where you are. Robin believes that “outdoor cooking doesn’t need to be elaborate in order to yield stunning results.” In Campfire Cuisine, she demonstrates that philosophy by providing over 100 tasty recipes with instructions for cooking the recipes outdoors – and tips for making them at home!
Imagine spending a night under the stars, then:
- Waking up to the sweet aroma of Bananas Foster French Toast or a hearty Veggie Polenta Scramble.
- Returning from your mid-morning hike where a refreshing Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich and Parmesan Baked Apples await you.
- Enjoying an evening meal of tasty Coconut Shrimp or Grilled Steak with Five Spice Rub.
- Ending your day with a bounty of Baked Chocolate Bananas or Rum-Baked Peaches.
Seriously, the dishes in this book sound so scrumptious, you will want to pitch a tent in your own back yard!
But, this book contains more than just a collection of mouth-watering recipes. It’s an indispensable guide to feeding your family in the wild!
- Robin will help you distinguish between what is essential to take on your trip, and what is really nice to have.
- She’ll help you choose the right cooking gear for your family, based on your needs.
- She’ll teach you how to buy and store food for your trip, how to pack your cooler correctly, and how to safely store your food.
- She’ll even provide you with a shopping list template, a menu planning form and meal plans to help you get started!
Robin says that “Good food, simply prepared, tastes good.” Camping Cuisine delivers on that promise!
Aside from the tiny print, I really loved this book.
About Robin Donovan
For More Information:
More Great Resources
- Visit Books For Cooks for more great cookbooks from Quirk Books!
- For more great books, visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Quirk Books to review. I was not compensated or required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2013 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!