Happy WOYWW dear friends! Can you believe that October is here? As I write today’s post, I wonder how many of us craft according to the seasons and how many of us craft according to our hearts. Intellectually, my mind tells me I should be pulling out my fall and winter crafting items and be focusing on more seasonal projects right now but – emotionally – my heart is in the spring.
One of the Card Challenges I came across this week was 365 Card’s Day 273 Must Have Challenge, which invites you to select an item you absolutely must have – to make it the primary focus of your card – and to share why you simply had to have it. Now, I love all of the elements I used on this card, but the must have item for me that I designed this card around was the lace. Isn’t it gorgeous? It’s Wholeport Tulip Pink Embroidery Lace and its beautiful colors, its sheer delicate qualities, and its width make it perfect for card-making!
I used DCWV cardstock as my backdrop to the lace, and paired it with Wholeport Golden Wintersweet Japanese Zen Origami Paper. This gorgeous paper reminds me of cherry blossoms in the spring. I used lustrous pearls to complement the golden shimmers in this paper. The inks and the beautiful sentiment are from Close To My Heart – specifically from D1197, My One And Only stamp set.
This week I’m hosting a Worldwide Giveaway for not 1, not 2, but 3 copies of Chicken Soup For The Soul – Reader’s Choice Edition – as part of their 20th Anniversary Celebration! If you’re looking for an inspiring book for yourself or a loved one – this is it! During my last Chicken Soup giveaway, winners in the US, South Africa, and Jamaica received copies of the updated 20th Anniversary Edition book! I can’t wait to see where this book will travel to – can you?
I’m also featuring a candid photo showing what Legend does when he’s not crafting with me. To see what he’s up to, visit Wordless Wednesday!
This week also marks an important milestone for me – my 4th blogaversary! I hope you’ll join me for Friendship Friday this week to help celebrate the occasion!
Have a great week and I look forward to seeing What’s On Your Workdesk This Wednesday!!
- 365 Card’s Day 273 Must Have Challenge
- Allsorts Challenge 226 – How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Craft It Up & Link It Up – Anything With A Sentiment
- Crafts & Me Challenge – Lovely Lace
- Hobbycutz Challenges 18 – Lace & Pearls
- Jelly Park Challenges – The Sentiment Is Key
- Jo’s Scrap Shack – FFC 19 – Women’s Friendship Day
- Kaboodle Doodles 191 – Your Special Day
- Lexi’s Creations 100 – Pink
- Make It Monday 160
- Pink Saturday
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge – Say It With Stamps
- The Pink Elephant TPE219 – Anniversary or Wedding
- Use It Tuesday Challenge 64 – Use Two Hoarded Supplies(Pearls & Stamps)
- Vintage Stamping Challenge 12 – Anything From Your Garden
- Word Art 99 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2013 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!