Friendship Blooms Card
Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends! This week, for those of you who are regular readers of my blog, we are traveling back in time… back to January, to re-visit a creative project I began at the beginning of the year.
In January, I splashed two brightly colored pieces of collage-themed Washi tape across a Kraft-colored card. I liked the vintage theme elements on the tape and thought the contrast of the colors against the Kraft background as well as the unusual placement of the tape could be an interesting way to begin a card.
I got stuck.
I truly didn’t know what to do next.
And so – I let the card sit.
Every now and then I’d return to the card – pull it out – play with a few ideas – and then put it back into my unfinished projects bag.
Nothing really took.
In the meantime… life happened.
It’s been a truly difficult year.
But here’s the thing: when adversity strikes – that’s when you have to dig deep inside – to look past the situation you’re in the midst of – to gather up every ounce of resilience you can muster – and to look forward to the hope and promise of a better tomorrow.
The last time I pulled the card out of the bag – I realized what the problem was.
I’d been thinking too small.
I’d been thinking inside the box.
I’d been letting what I saw guide my actions instead of letting my vision guide my design.
The first several times I looked at the card – I was trying to think of a way to tie the two pieces of Washi tape together on the small, pre-cut 4 x 6 kraft card.
This time – when I looked at the card – I saw elements of creativity dancing across the page – literally wanting to burst and flourish and bloom!
So – I deconstructed the card.
I cut the Kraft card into half, keeping the original for the card front for this project and saving the back for the inside of another card I’m working on.
Then – I dug into my flower tins and looked for the biggest, brightest blooms I could find and filled it with a big burst of oversized brad!
I picked out cardstock and flowers and coordinating embellishments based on the colors in the Washi tape. I wanted to create lots of luscious layers while creating this card while – at the same time – keeping the design clean and uncluttered – simple and transparent.
I chose the black lace (off-set like the Washi) and the transparencies for that reason.
Everything on the card is very symbolic.
Creating art can be so cathartic.
Creating art can be so eye-opening.
Today, Tsunami – the nibbler of all things crafty – is manning the computer! To find out why, pop by for a peek at Wordless Wednesday!
Have a wonderful week and – if you’d like to share your talent with our creative community – please join us for Inspire Me Monday!
Creative Art Challenges
Looking for a place to stretch your imagination? Check out this week’s Creative Art Challenges!
- A Girl Who Crafts – Anything Goes (July)
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 28 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz 240 – Hot Summer and/or Hot Colors
- Deep Ocean Challenge Blog 82 – Lots Of Layers
- Fantastic Tuesday Challenge 45 – Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts July Challenges – Anything Goes
- Luna Girl Moonbeams Creative Challenge – Use Your Favorite Color (Pink)
- Ooh La La Creations 161 – Vintage
- Party Time Tuesdays 182 – July Anything Goes Challenge
- Pink Saturday
- Scribble And Scrap Crafts 23 – Almost Anything Goes
- Sister Act Challenge 66 – Anything Goes Card
- That Craft Place – Anything Goes
- The Shabby Tea Room 228 – Sweet Shabby (Lace & Flowers)
- Through The Craft Room Door – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft – Anything Goes (July)
- Use Your Stuff Challenge 145 – Layers
- Wags ‘n Whiskers Challenge 133 –Anything Goes
- Whoopsi Daisy – Lots Of Pink Challenge
- Word Art Wednesday 142 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!