What Did I Create This Week?
Happy WOYWW, dear friends! It’s hard to believe that November is upon us – but with it comes the arrival of one of my favorite creative challenges of the year – Art Every Day Month at Creative Every Day!
During the month of November, artist Leah Piken Kolidas invites creative bloggers to participate in the daily ritual of creating something every day. Of course, if that schedule is a little much for you, you can join in as you are able. Be sure to visit her blog for the full details, and to meet some of the awesome bloggers who are joining in her challenge this month!
One of my favorite items to work with in my craft room is transparencies. I often forget about them because they are tucked out of sight, but when I come across them, they are such a joy to play with!
I like transparencies for several reasons. First, they allow you to add layers to your cards and scrapbook layouts without adding a lot of bulk. Second, they allow you to add designs, quotes, and splashes of colors – depending on the transparency you are working with – without adding a lot of mess or fuss.
Transparencies add a crisp, clean touch to your projects that few other products can match!
The trick, of course, is how to attach your transparency without making a big, gluey mess!
I frequently use invisible tape applied sparingly and strategically when working with transparencies but for this project, I simply used two brads, color-coordinated to match the autumn-inspired color-blocking theme that is also prevalent in this card.
The white monogram catches your eye and symbolizes both family and friendship…
The flower adds a pretty feminine touch to what otherwise is a neutral to masculine designed card…
The button in the upper corner adds an extra splash of color and a bit of eye-pleasing balance!
What have you created this week? Be sure to share your creations with us at:
For more inspiration, check out the Creative Art Challenges at the end of this post!
What Are The Crafty Coons Up To This Week?
The Crafty Coons love to help me craft – but every now and then, they fall asleep on the job!
To find out who spent the day napping, visit us at Wordless Wednesday – and if you have any crafty helpers, be sure to share a photo with us!
Creative Art Challenges
Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (now organized by THEME)!
- Cheerful Stamp Pad #98 – Anything Goes / Fall Colors
- Dazzling Diva Challenge 49
- Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 285
- Hiding In My Craftroom #172 – Fall Colors
- PDE Linky Party – Autumn Colors
- Scrappy Hands 25 – Autumn Colors
- The Stamping Boutique – Fall Colors
- Sketchy Colors #232 – Green, Beige, Brown
- Sparkles Monthly Challenge Blog – Fall/Autumn Colors
- Tuesday Taggers – Colors Of Autumn Challenge
What types of design elements and embellishments will you incorporate? These challenges help you determine which items to use on your project!
- Crafty Creations Challenges #275 – Brads, Buttons Or Bows
- Simply Create Too #73 – Shop In Your Craft Room
These challenges encourage you to incorporate different techniques into your project!
Theme & Sentiment Challenges
These challenges help you decide the theme of your card.
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 4 Crafty Chicks – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create #96 – Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations Challenges #116 – Anything Goes
- Brown Sugar #118 – Anything Goes
- Challenge Up Your Life #1 – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – Anything Goes
- D.L. Art November Challenge – Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts – November Challenge
- Loves Rubber Stamps #125 – Anything Goes
- Mema’s Crafts November Challenge – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – 10/27 to 11/8 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #5 – Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays 188 – Anything Goes Challenge
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 30 – Anything Goes
- Sentimental Sundays #231 – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge #9 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #81 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door Nov 4 – 10 – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 157 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!