What Did I Create This Week?
Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends! Can you believe how January is flying by?
This week, as rain and snowstorms are striking so much of the country, I thought I’d share the antidote to a winter day: a dash of bright, cheery color and a note to a special friend!
I spent a rainy day digging through my craft room searching for colorful items, old and new, for my card. Here are a few fun items I found:
- Colorful papers from my older stacks of DCWV paper pads!
- Pretty water color images from scraps of old sticker sheets.
- Scraps of old cardstock (seriously – do I ever throw anything out?)
- Pretty new navy grosgrain ribbon just begging to be used!
- A jar filled with tiny yellow buttons.
- A new, never-before-used Close To My Heart stamp set.
- A pretty coordinating Close To My Heart ink pad.
And then I went to see what inspiring challenges I could find!
One site I found that’s particularly guaranteed to life your spirits on a dreary day is The Monday Mood Board!
On this delightful challenge site, hostess and curator Tracy showcases items from our everyday lives that she finds pretty and inspiring and groups them into a mood board. Then, she challenges us to create something crafty and share how the mood board inspired us!
Here’s how I interpreted Tracy’s challenge and incorporated the Mood Board items into my card:
- The pillows inspired the use of the cascading squares!
- The lantern and pillow colors are infused throughout the card!
- The woman in the photo inspired the theme – To A Special Friend.
For more creative inspiration, check out the Creative Art Challenges at the end of this post!
Now it’s your turn to share your fabulous creations with us! We’d love to see your creations at one of our weekly parties!
Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by to see what’s on my work desk this week!
What Are The Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
Did you know that cats are SO curious and SO ingenious, they’ve created an entire day where they ask their pet parents every question they’ve ever wondered – and their pet parents must answer them?
That’s right – January 22 is National Answer Your Cat’s Question Day – and this year, not only did my ever-inquisitive kitten Magellan participate in the event – he was one of several cats featured on the Guidepost website!
Be sure to visit Magellan’s National Answer Your Cat’s Question Day post to see what burning question he and his feline friends asked that day – and, if you have a cat of your own who would like to participate – please feel free to join us!
Creative Art Challenges
Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized alphabetically by Theme or Anything Goes!)
- Aloha Friday Challenge #39 – Scraps
- Crafting Desert Divas Linky Party 47 – 3D Projects
- Crafty Boots Challenges – Butterflies
- Crafty Calendar January Challenge – What’s New?
- Crafty Creations Challenge 281 – Something Old, Something New (Old Paper – New Stamps)
- Craft For The Craic – January Challenge – Favorite Word (Friend)
- Crazy 4 Challenges – C4C270 – Opposites (Blue/Orange – Opposites On Color Wheel)
- Cute Card Thursday #357 – Colorful
- Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge – Cool Blue Challenge
- Digi Stamps 4 Joy #108 – Bingo (Bottom Row Across)
- Fresh Brewed Challenges – January Favorites (Anything Goes) (Favorite Colors: Blue/Pink)
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations – Favorite Embellishment (Ribbon)
- Heart 2 Heart Challenges – CAS / Clean And Simple
- Kraftin Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday Challenge
- Laurel Craft – What’s Your Favorite Color? (Blue)
- Little Claire’s Designs Monthly Challenge 53 – Bright & Beautiful
- Little Red Wagon Challenge 274 – Winter Blues
- MelonHeadz Friends – Clean And Simple
- Monday Mood Board #6
- Moving Along With The Times – Button It
- Pile It On Challenge #53 – Hearts And/Or Flowers (Flowers)
- Papertake Weekly – Take Your Pick Week (Warm Colors / Buttons)
- Scrapper’s Delight #39 – Favorite Colors (Blue & Pink)
- Showcase Your Style – SYSC #7 – Inspiration Challenge
- Sweet 7 Designs Challenge Blog – Anything New
- The Corrosive Challenge Blog #216 – Winter Blues
- The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog #188 – Layers And Lots Of Them
- Top Tip Tuesday – Something New (New Stamps / Ribbon)
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 7 Kids Challenge #118 – Anything Goes
- Amusing Challenges – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 44 – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #246 – Almost Anything Goes
- Creative Moments – Anything Goes w/Optional Sketch
- Dazzling Diva Challenge #60 – Anything Goes
- Decorate To Create #92 – Anything Goes
- D.L. Art January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges #98 – Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts – January Anything Goes Challenge
- Inky Chicks #45 – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination #18 – Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap Challenge Blog 46 – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – 1/19 to 1/31 – Anything Goes
- My Creative Moments Monday Morning Challenge #3 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #11 – Anything Goes
- Paper Creators Crafts Challenge 34 – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays #194 – Anything Goes Challenge
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 36 – Anything Goes
- Seemacrafts January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge
- Sister Act Card Challenge #90 – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Suzy Bee’s Challenge #64 – Anything Goes With A Twist – Add Layers
- The Pink Elephant #TPE283 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Jan 27 – Feb 2 – Anything Goes
- Vandicrafts Artistry January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Whoopsi Daisy – Anything Goes January Challenge
- Word Art Wednesday 168 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!