What’s On My Work Desk This Week?
Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends!
When was the last time you stumbled across a stamp company you fell head over heels in love with?
A few weeks ago, while surfing the Internet, I discovered a website called Unity Stamp Company that specializes in high-quality, unmounted rubber stamps. Although the company has been in business for many years, they were new to me. Since they were having a huge sale that weekend, I started browsing through their website and fell in love with a number of their designs! I took a chance and ordered a few of their stamps.
Well, I wanted to share that although I’ve been primarily stamping with clear stamps for the past few years – Unity Stamps has re-ignited my love for red rubber! They offer a wide variety of designs – many from some of the most well-known designers in the business. They are pre-cut – generously cushioned – deeply etched – and a sheer pleasure to stamp with.
If you currently own clear stamps, you can use them with the acrylic blocks that you already own. I used mine with my Close To My Heart acrylic blocks and they stamped beautifully. You can see through the block for easy positioning and when you stamp, the padding and deep etching provide a clean, crisp stamped image!
For the best prices, be sure to visit them on the weekends when you’re most likely to find a sale. I’ve picked up some fabulous stamps that I’ll be sharing in the months to come!
(By the way, I share this information out of pure excitement over finding a product I love! I was not asked to write about this company or their products, and I did not receive anything in exchange for sharing this information with you!)
What Did I Create This Week?
Today, I wanted to share the first card I created with my new Unity Stamps. The stamp I chose to work with is called Dream Girl and it is part of their January 2015 release. The stamp consists of one beautiful 2.75 x 4 inch image by artist Angie Blom, but you could easily double your fun by cutting the stamped image in half and using the image and the sentiment separately. For my first project, however, I opted to use the image in its original form.
The quote on the stamp reads:
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.
Always remember you have within you
The strength the patience and the passion
To reach for the stars to change the world.
Isn’t that a lovely sentiment?
You can see what other artists did with this stamp by visiting Unity Stamp – Dream Girl.
Now for my design… When I look at this image, I imagine a beautiful girl in a garden, so I surrounded our dreamer with mini-CTMH flowers in my favorite colors, pink and blue, creating a touch of spring.
I also incorporated that gorgeous Scotch Washi-like tape – which made its debut on my Refuge And Strength card – into this design as an intermediary element to tie the foreground and background together. I love this tape! It is a pleasure to work with and goes with everything I do!
I don’t get to color as often on my projects as I’d like, but this week, I had a chance to pull out a few ProMarkers and play! This meant I also got to break into one of my two unopened Memento Stamp Pads (awesome ink!) and stamp and color on my Papertrey cardstock (which I love – at 110 lb. weight, it’s my absolute favorite for stamping, coloring and supporting heavy embellishments!)
Finally, after digging through several boxes of ribbons, I literally tied the project together with a beautiful, delicate, multi-colored fiber.
Here’s the Supply List for those of you who like to keep tabs:
- Dream Girl – Unity Stamp Company
- Mini Flowers & Mini Brads – Close To My Heart
- Letraset Promarkers
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Colorbox Chalk Ink – Orchid Pastel (Distressing)
- Scotch Decorative Tape
- Recollections, Storytellers and Papertrey Cardstock
- Dew Drops/Skittles
Where Are The Crafty Cats?
For those of you who were hoping to catch glimpses of Magellan batting around the flowers or chasing the fiber all around my craft room, I have an even better adventure to share. Drop by Wordless Wednesday – Magellan Sees A Squirrel to learn what’s even more fascinating than crafting goodies in a cat’s eyes!
Now it’s your turn to inspire us with your creativity! What’s inspiring you this week? What have you created? Be sure to share your latest creations with us at one of our weekly parties!
Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by to see what’s on my work desk this week!
Creative Art Challenges
Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized alphabetically by Theme or Anything Goes!)
- Addicted To Stamps Challenge #132 – Make Your Mark
- Allsorts Challenge #298 – Any Occasion Other Than Birthday (Friendship Day)
- ARTastic Challenge Blog – February Color Challenge
- Bunny Zoe’s Crafts February Challenge – For The Girls
- Crafting Desert Divas Linky Party 49 – Use Ribbon
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – Use A Stamp Or Digi For February
- Clear It Out Challenge – Theme: Holiday (Spring) and Stash: Gold/Yellow Things (Yellow Promarkers)
- Crafty Boots Challenges – Use A Sentiment
- Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #7 – Bingo (Middle Down – Bows, Flowers, Brads)
- Crafty Sentiments – Bling It On Challenge (Dew Drops/Skittles)
- Crazy Challenge #191 – For My Mom
- Creative Colors Challenge #30
- Creative Craft Cottage #33 – In The Garden
- Cute Card Thursday #361 – Floral Delight
- D.L. Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #150 – Use The Color Blue
- Dream It Up – Frilly And Fabulous
- Dream Valley Challenge #100 – Favorite Color Combination (Pink/Blue)
- Easter Eggs & Spring Colors Linky Party
- Fantasy Stamper’s Challenge #30 – Pretty In Pink
- Hiding In My Craft Room #187 – Super Scraps Saturday (leftover embellishments)
- Kitty Bee Designs – Aloha Friday Challenge #41 – Favorite Color Combo – Pink & Blue
- Kraftin Kimmie Stamps – Wonderful Wednesday
- Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges #139 – Let It Sparkle
- Make My Monday – Two Favorite Colors – Pink & Blue
- Noor Designs Challenge #3 – Spring
- Ooh La La Creations #174 – Add Some Green (Pale Green Flowers In Tape)
- Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge #28 – Sweetheart
- Papertake Weekly – Bingo (Diagonal – Ribbon/Free/Blooms)
- Pink Saturday
- Red Rubber Inspirationals #207 – So Sentimental
- Retarte #35 – Spring, Flowers or Anything Goes
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge – Add A Little Texture
- Simply Create Too Challenge #79 – Anything Goes
- Stamps + Fun = Creativity #237 – Washi Tape
- Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog – Inspired By A Song (Dreamweaver)
- Top Tip Tuesday – Rubber Stamps Only
- Vintage Stamping Challenges #29 – Bring On Those Spring Colors
- Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge #80 – Use A Sentiment
- Whoopsi Daisy – Pretty In Pink Challenge
- Words 2 Scrap By – Challenge #14 – Do Something Different (Coloring)
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge
- 7 Kids Challenge #119 – Anything Goes
- A Girl Who Crafts – Anything Goes (February)
- Card And Scraps #91 – Anything Goes
- Craft-Dee Bowz February Challenge – Anything Goes With A Handmade Bow
- Crafting By Designs – February Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 47 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar February Challenge – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #249 – Almost Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #67 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments #62 – Anything Goes with Optional Twist / Paper Piecing
- Cuttin and Stampin Bi-Weekly Challenge #8 – Anything Goes
- Dazzling Diva Challenge #63 – Mood Board or ANYTHING GOES
- DL Art February Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts – February Anything Goes Challenge
- Inspiration Destination #21 – Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap Challenge Blog 48 – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – 2/16 to 2/28 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #13 – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays #195 – Anything Goes Challenge
- Penny Black February Challenge – Anything Goes Except A Digi
- Scrappers Delights Challenge #41 – Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 38 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #93 – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft February Challenge – Anything Goes
- Stamping Sensations February Challenge – Anything Goes
- Suzy Bee’s Bloomin Challenge Blog – Anything Goes With A Twist – Add A Bow
- The Paper Nest Dolls #2 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Feb 17 – 23 – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 171 – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!