UnstampaBelles Guest Designer Layout – May 2015
This year, I’ve been blessed to receive a number of DT awards for my creative projects. The latest honor was an UnstampaBelles Design Team Favorite Award from the Australian Challenge Blog Unstampabelles for my card, Rejoice.
What’s extra special about this award is that it not only came with a spiffy badge, but it also came with an invitation to join them as a Guest Designer this month!
How could I refuse such an honor?
I’d like to invite you to join me in creating something meaningful for the current Unstampabelle’s Monthly Challenge (there’s even a prize!)
The theme for the Unstampabelles challenge is Family History. Who is in your family tree? Make a scrap page or create a card or photo page/inside a frame about a family member who is in the past.
The Twist is to make it Vintage!
What’s unique about Unstampabelles is that their focus is strictly on paper crafting – they want to see how you manipulate paper! No stamping is allowed and sentiments are restricted to only a few words!
And now, a few words about my Mom and my creation.
In Honor Of My Mom – Scrapbooking Layout
Since this Sunday is Mother’s Day in the United States – and May is National Scrapbooking Month – I wanted to create a scrapbook layout to honor my precious Mother, who is no longer with me.
One of the things that always intrigued me about my Mother was her past – the life she led before I was born. She was an incredibly strong and courageous woman, even though she probably never thought of herself in that way. She was a hard worker who loved God, her family, and her country. Her heart’s passion was caring for other people.
After high school, she served our country as a Marine at a time when that sort of thing was virtually unheard of. I often reflect upon the courage, commitment, and pioneering spirit she must have had as a young woman to pursue that untraveled path.
My Mom faced a lot of challenges in life, but no matter what storms came her way, she demonstrated unwavering faith in God. She exemplified self-discipline, integrity and perseverance – which is why I’m also sharing her memory with my friends at the Path Of Positivity Challenge Blog.
Because I wanted to keep the spotlight on the beautiful black and white photo of my Mom, I chose to keep the layout simple, using vintage Americana red, white and blue for my color scheme. The beautiful patterned paper which has Freedom preprinted on it is from Paper Pizzazz. I printed the journaling from my computer, used silver stars to accent the paper mats, and used my Coluzzle to create the large die cut Vellum Stars.
Simple and beautiful – a perfect reflection of my Mom.
What Have You Created This Week?
Now it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, your latest acquisitions, or your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at one of our weekly parties!
Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!
What are the Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
What signals does your pet send out when they want to play? Share your stories and photos at our Wordless Wednesday Party and visit Magellan, my Swat Cat!
Creative Art Challenges
Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Looking for someplace to share your art? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!
- ABC Blog – I Is For Inspire Us
- Brown Sugar Challenge 144 – Anything Goes
- Come And Get It Challenges – Female Challenge Project
- Connie Can Crop #34 – Around The World (US / My Mom
- Corrosive Challenge #223 – Hip To Be Square
- Craftin Desert Divas – Craft It Up & Link It Up Mother’s Day Party
- Crafting Musketeers Challenge 25 – Use A Die Cut
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – May 2015
- Creative Corner Challenges – For Mom
- DLArt Thankful Thursday Challenge 155 – Mother’s Day
- Glitter N Sparkle #135 – Anything Goes
- Inkspirational Challenges Word Prompt 81 – Space
- Jo’s Scrap Shack FFC Challenge #86 – Happy Mother’s Day
- Lasting Memories Layout Challenge #240 –Life Affirmation Theme – Determination
- Lunagirl Challenge – Mother
- Paperminutes #382 – Blue
- Path Of Positivity Challenge #26 – Perseverance
- Pile It On #67 – For A Lady
- Pink Saturday
- Open Minded Challenges #35 – Shabby Chic
- Scrappy Hands Challenge #38 – Clean And Simple
- Shopping Our Stash #200 – Big, Bold & Beautiful (Used Coluzzle to Create Big Stars)
- Simply Create Too #84 – Pretty Woman
- Sweet Stamps Challenge #220 – For Mom
- Unstampabelles May Challenge #47 – Family History
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 2 Creative Chicks #26 – Anything Goes (No Cards)
- 2 Cute Ink #128 – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #122
- All Crafts Challenge April/May – Anything Goes (But No Cards)
- Artistic Inspirations #130 – Anything Goes
- Be Crafty And Craft – Challenge 1, Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge – Anything Goes For May
- Clear It Out – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 58 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #260 – Almost Anything Goes
- Crafty Time Challenges – May Anything New (Star Brads)
- Creative Every Day – Anything Goes
- Dazzling Diva Challenge #74 – Anything Goes
- Digi Choose Day #18 – Anything Goes
- DL Art – May Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination #32 – Anything Goes
- Mema’s May 2015 Challenge – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #18 – Anything Goes
- Paper Take Weekly – Anything Goes
- One Stitch At A Time #236 – Anything Goes With A Special Lady
- Retarte #46 – Anything Goes
- Scrapbook Blessings Club – May Monthly Challenge – Anything Goes
- Scrapper’s Delight Challenge #34 – Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 43 – Anything Goes
- Simply Paper Craft Challenge 3 – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sister Act – Challenge 104
- Sisters Of Craft – May Anything Goes
- Sugar And Betty’s Challenge Blog – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week Of May 5 – 11 – Anything Goes
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 182 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!