7 Family Ministry Essentials – Book Review
Today there is a movement within the church to transform how we approach family ministry. Instead of solely focusing on creating traditional programs, activities and curriculum within the church, there is a call to create programs that minister to families outside the walls of the church.
There’s also a call to allow families to be active developers and participants in these ministries so that children not only gain an intellectual understanding of what faith is, but they see it in action within their families, and they live out their faith experientially by serving others within the context of their families of origin as well as their church families.
The book 7 Family Ministry Essentials – A Strategy For Culture Change To Children’s And Student Ministries by Michelle Anthony and Megan Marshman provide families, ministry leaders, and church leaders with the guidelines they need to make these changes possible.
Billed as “the ultimate resource for family ministry leaders”, 7 Family Ministry Essentials emphasizes 7 essential principles that will prepare you for ministry and:
- Empower families to take spiritual leadership in the home.
- Form lifetime faith that transcends childhood beliefs.
- Teach Scripture as the ultimate authority of truth.
- Understand the role of the Holy Spirit to teach and transform.
- Engage every generation in the gospel of God’s redemptive story.
- Make God central in every biblical narrative and daily living.
- Participate in community with like-minded ministry leaders.
7 Family Ministry Essentials is a rich book that will not only help you to transform the way you approach ministry, but will also help you evaluate your ministry at each step of the way.
I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.
About The Authors
Dr. Michelle Anthony is the Vice President and Publisher of Learning Resources at David C Cook and a popular speaker in the area of family ministry. She is the author of Spiritual Parenting, The Big God Story, and Becoming a Spiritually Healthy Family. Michelle has graduate degrees in Christian education, Bible and theology as well as over twenty-five years of family ministry experience. Michelle and her husband Michael are the parents of two adult children and live in Colorado.
Megan Marshman is the Director of Student Resources and Production for David C Cook and has led and challenged thousands of students in their faith at Hume Lake Christian Camps. With a master’s degree in organizational leadership from Azusa Pacific University, Megan speaks nationally at churches, conferences, and university chapels. She and her husband, Randy, live in Long Beach, California.
For More Information
- Visit Michelle’s Website.
- Visit Megan’s Website.
- Connect with Michelle on Facebook and Twitter.
- Connect with Megan on Facebook and Twitter.
- Visit the 7 Family Ministry Essentials Blog Tour Page.
- 7 Family Ministry Essentials is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!