The Gift Of A Bookmark
As many of you probably know from perusing my blog, my family loves to read. Our home is filled with books – books grace every nook and cranny of our house. Although we share many of our books with friends and charitable causes, we are blessed with a constant stream of new books to read, write about, and pay forward.
What this means is that we can also never have enough book marks to fill the pages of the books we are currently reading!
No matter how many bookmarks we have on hand – there is never a bookmark handy when a new book calls to us and we need a placeholder to mark an important passage!
Have you ever had this happen to you?
A few years ago, my husband read a thriller called The Brotherhood Conspiracy that enthralled him. The book was the second in a series. My husband enjoyed the book so much that he ordered the first book to read – and has been hounding me for the past few years about when the next book in the series would be released!
Well, The Aleppo Code comes out in a few weeks and not only am I planning on surprising him with it, I’ve also made him a hand-crafted bookmark to make his reading experience extra special!
I chose the masculine-oriented color combination of brown, blue and green to complement the book cover – and tore and distressed the patterned paper to give it a shabby look. I stamped playful sentiments and flourishes using Close To My Heart Stamps – and added bright and sparkly bling, textured heart and ribbon, and a bold button to give the bookmark lots of flair!
Since books make the perfect gift – and crafters like to add a personal touch to every gift they give – why not consider creating some lovely bookmarks for yourself and to accompany the books that you share with your friends and loved ones this holiday season?
Now it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, sharing your latest acquisitions, or spotlighting your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at our weekly parties!
Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!
Creative Art Challenges
Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!
- Card And Scrap Challenge #104 – Use Stamps
- Crafty Friends Challenge Blog #16 – Use Gems And/Or Pearls
- Hiding In My Craftroom #220 – Super Scraps Saturday
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 2 Creative Chicks Showcase #3 – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #145
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 81 – Anything Goes
- Crafting With An Attitude #8 – Anything Goes
- Crafting With Friends Challenge 8 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Girls Creations Challenge #6 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #283 – Almost Anything Goes
- Creative Every Day – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers Challenge #95 – Almost Anything Goes
- Crop Shop Linky Party #9 – Anything Goes
- Digi Stamps 4 Joy #117 – Anything Goes With A Twist Of B (Blue, Brown, Bling, Bookmark!)
- DL Art October Linky Challenge
- Images By CW – Saturday Linky Party
- Inspiration Destination #55 – Anything Goes
- Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge #19 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #25 – October Anything Goes
- Petal Lu Challenge – Anything Goes
- Pink Saturday – Anything Goes
- Simply Papercrafts Challenge 15 – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft – October Anything Goes Challenge
- Sweet Stamps – October Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Oct 13-19 – Anything Goes
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 205 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place October Challenge – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!