Wordless Wednesday – Magellan’s Cat Cave

Magellan-Guarding-His-Cat-Cave

Magellan Proudly Guards His Cat Cave

Magellan’s Cat Cave and the
#CatsForFreedom Initiative

Do you remember when you were a child and your parents encouraged you to play games that sparked your imagination?

Magellans-Cat-Cave

This morning, a patriotic pod from outer space landed on our living room hearth! I’m convinced that high ranking aliens from Mars sent it – but Mom says it’s a Cat Cave.

This month, the Tipsy Elves have invited us to participate in the #CatsForFreedom Initiative to help raise funds for the San Diego Humane Society by sharing an easy-to-make DIY project that your cats will love – how cool is that?

In case you’re wondering who the Tipsy Elves are, they’re a fun-loving company who specializes in designing one-of-a-kind apparel that’s designed to make you smile! They are best known for creating Christmas sweaters that are so ugly, they’ve won awards for them (so I’m told) – but they’re just as famous for their American flag and their collegiate apparel!

What-Might-Emerge-From-Magellans-Cat-Cave

Stand back, Tsunami! I’ll save you!

So, what does this all have to do with cats? Well, the Tipsy Elves thought it would be cool to spread some paws-itivity by teaching cat lovers how to use their patriotic t-shirts to create Cat Caves for our favorite felines – and help their local Humane Society help cats in need in the process!

Magellan-Investigates-The-Cat-Cave

I’m going in for the kill!

So, here is what you need to do to create this fun project that will delight the felines in your family for hours on end!

First, visit the Tipsy Elves website and order your favorite t-shirts using the code CATS at checkout now through 5/31/16. When you do, the Tipsy Elves will donate 10% of your orders to the San Diego Humane Society, which provides cats of all ages with the resources to live freely.

Magellan-In-His-Cat-Cave

Nothing to fear – the Cat Cave is clear!

Be sure to order extras for yourselves – otherwise, you might decide the t-shirts are so cozy, you won’t want to give them to your cats (which would make you naughty elves!

Then, watch the video that follows for instructions on how to wrap the t-shirt around the box – it’s incredibly easy to do and rather ingenious once you know how! Don’t worry if your box isn’t as perfect as the one in the video – as long as there’s an opening, your cat will enjoy it!

Magellan-Stands-Guard

I will continue to guard my family from invasion as long as any threats remain – or until it’s dinnertime, whichever comes first!

Once you have your t-shirts, these cat caves make the perfect feline habitats for all of our upcoming patriotic holidays – and a safe haven for kitties to take refuge during the Fourth of July festivities!

Chat In The Comments

Let's Chat

What would your cats stalk (live or imaginary) in their cat cave?
Please share your ideas, stories and tips in the comments!

How To Make A Patriotic Cat Cave Video

Wordless Wednesday – Week of May 10, 2016

Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

43 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – Magellan’s Cat Cave”

1. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

Aww! what lovely photos especially the cat cave heheh!

Have a tanfastic week

2. What a great idea, no cat can resist a cat cave!

3. Karren Haller
    Twitter: Myllls

That little video is darling!!!
    Yahoo Patriotic Kitty!!!

Thanks for hosting, have a great week!
    Karren

4. Teresa from NanaHood
    Twitter: thenanahood

He is one handsome cat! And a very lucky one to have you! Teresa

5. Lisa Isabella Russo
    Twitter: artbylr

What a gorgeous kitty! I love the cat cave, Magellan looks so adorable peeking out from there.

6. Cute! I wonder if those Tipsy Elves have ever met the Caverns Pixie that has lived in Shenandoah Cavern since 1966. ^.^

7. Mary Denman says:

What a fun way to reuse a t shirt! Magellan looks happy. Have a great day Ramona!

8. meowmeowmans says:

Hey, that’s a great idea! And Magellan certainly does seem to be enjoying his cat cave. 🙂

9. Marie Moody
    Twitter: Xmasdolly

Too cute kitty guarding his new house… I asked my husband again if we could have a cat and he said no. The dog is enough… oh well, I tried. Guess I’m going to have to admire Magellan from afar. He’s such a beautiful kitty. My friend’s cat had kittens and I wanted one. 🙁 Have a great day my friend.

10. A very beautiful cat!

11. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

That is such a great idea! I am so glad that we have dedicated staff at our local shelter. I am always trying to help promote their posts on Facebook. I’m also proud that my son volunteered there during his summer vacation last year. He did menial tasks – whatever needed doing. I hope lots of people add their support by buying T-shirts! God bless!

12. Adorable shots – thanks for sharing. 🙂
    Happy Wordless Wednesday!

13. Smellyann says:

We’re so going to make some for our four kitties! ♥

14. Raychael Case
    Twitter: msmysterycase

I’m super late linking up this week. It’s been one of those days.

15. Better than the Bat Cave. Very nice photo. Magellan is the best looking cat I know.

16. Melissa
    Twitter: RecentBooks

The Cat Cave is such a great idea!
    Love your photos!

17. Robin says:

Pawsome cat cave, Magellan! That looks like a fun little spot that is just for you. 🙂 I think my Manna would like a cat cave like that too.

18. Kitties Blue says:

We are going to be posting about this as well with a different shirt. Job well done. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

19. Your cat is beautiful. My cat loves to crawl into small spaces like that too. Thanks for linking up for Wordless Wednesday. Have a terrific afternoon!

20. Charles says:

My two cats also love to play in boxes! Thank you for sharing!

21. Shadow says:

Oh, a new hidey hole. How fun!

22. Claire says:

What a great idea, so sweet!! Lovely pictures ..

23. Ellen Pilch says:

That is a nice cat cave.

24. Great selfie Magellan.

25. ooo…that cave looks like so much fun! how ingenious!

26. Michelle
    Twitter: truebookaddict

I love these homemade cat caves. Such a clever idea! And what a great cause. I hope they raise lots of money. I hope Magellan enjoyed his cave. 🙂

1. […] post is part of Create With Joy’s Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop. AND, since Magellan, the Hop’s handsome host, likes Chewy.com boxes. There is a hint in the […]

2. […] This post is included on Blog Paw’s Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop, so if you want to find out what other pets are doing today, click here. […]

3. Leggings Blog says:

St Patricks Day Shirts Men Here To Paddy Tee By Tipsy Elves

[…] stmas sweaters that are so ugly, they’ve won awards for them (so I’m told) â […]