Taking My God For A Walk by Tony Collins – Book Review
Have you ever felt the desire to go on a spiritual quest? I must confess, I find the concept quite intriguing.
What would compel a 21st century man to streamline all of their belongings into the bare essentials that they can cram into a backpack – to leave the comforts and familiarity of their daily routine behind them – and embark on an arduous, 490-mile pilgrimage in a foreign land?
That’s the adventure that awaits you in Taking My God For A Walk by Tony Collins – a fascinating sojourn that will satisfy both spiritual seekers and armchair travelers alike!
In Taking My God For A Walk, we accompany the author on his walk along the Camino de Santiago, the Way of St. James – a path of devotion that European pilgrims have traveled for over a thousand years. Tony soon discovers that there is more to his adventure than he could have imagined – that what he envisioned as a singular quest was, in actuality, a journey comprised of three parts:
- At its most basic level, the Camino provides him with an outward journey on which he explores the landscapes, foods, people and customs of Northern Spain.
- Next, the Camino provides Tony with a historical journey – one in which he finds himself immersed in the politics, demographics, architecture and religion of the region.
- Finally, the aspect of the journey that inpacts him the most is the inward journey – the one that causes him to encounter himself and his Maker in new and profound ways.
The combination of Tony’s writing style and the charming illustrations throughout the book gives us a sense of immediacy and camaraderie as we travel each step of the Camino alongside him.
Few of us will actually have the chance to take this type of pilgrimage during our lifetimes – but Taking My God For A Walk offers the rare opportunity to ponder and reflect upon the sights and insights that so deeply change a sojourner on this path.
Taking My God For A Walk is a fascinating book that I highly recommend to you!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
For More Information
- Taking God For A Walk is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Kregel Publications. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!