Happy WOYWW dear friends! This week – with the holidays just around the corner – I’ve been spending most of my spare time in the kitchen with Prince Charming, testing and perfecting new recipes! For fun, I thought I’d share one of our new recipes with you. The recipe is Fresh Mint Chocolate Truffle Torte. I topped the Torte with a butterfly design to give it a bit of artistic flair!
Here are the supplies I used if you want to get the same effect:
- 1 Wholeport 8 Inch Square Pan with Removable Bottom
- 1 Plastic Cake Stencil – Butterfly
I created the pretty butterfly with a touch of powdered sugar!
The chocolate in this recipe came out especially smooth and scrumptious! I hope you enjoy this special treat!
Fresh Mint Chocolate Truffle Torte
Flaky Pastry Dough
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
2-10 Drops of Peppermint Extract
12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
Confectioners’ Sugar For Dusting
Mint Leaves for Garnish
1. Roll out the dough to fit into your tart pan. Place the dough into the pan and trim the edges. Allow the dough to cool until firm, for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Once the tart shell is hard, bake until it’s golden brown.
3. In a small sauce pan, warm the cream over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the peppermint extract, tasting until you achieve the level of minty flavor that you desire. Let stand for 30 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate in either a double boiler or by slowly microwaving it until smooth. Pour the mint- infused cream into the chocolate. Add the corn syrup and stir until smooth.
5. Pour the filling into the fully baked tart shell. Refrigerate until well chilled, 1-2 hours. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
For more delicious desserts, visit Create With Joy – Recipes .
Don’t forget to drop by Wordless Wednesday to see what the Legend is up!
Join Us For
Copyright © 2013 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!