Stand Strong – Book Review
One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Matthew 19:26, where Jesus reminds us “with God, all things are possible.” I love this verse because Jesus Himself reminds us that we serve a God of hope.
I think that’s why I am such a huge fan of Nick Vujicic. He is a man who – in spite of all of the odds – took hold of the fact that God had a purpose and plan for his life and never looked back.
In Nick’s latest book, Stand Strong – You Can Overcome Bullying (and Other Stuff That Keeps You Down) – Nick Vujicic – a man with no arms, no legs, an no defense – a man who calls himself “a bully’s dream” – is here with a powerful message for anyone who has ever been bullied:
No bully can define who you are.
In Stand Strong – You Can Overcome Bullying, Nick shares personal experiences, biblical principles and practical advice that will help you to bully-proof your life. He also helps us to understand the mindsets of bullies (it’s not about us – it’s about them!) and provides us with strategies for building up our bully defense system from the inside out.
Here are a few key pointers that Nick shares to help us protect ourselves against bullies:
1. Figure out who you are so that no bully can tell you differently or make you feel badly.
2. Take responsibility for our own behavior and happiness so bullies have no ultimate power over you.
3. Establish strong values that no bully can shake.
4. Create a safety zone within yourself where you can go mentally to draw strength and comfort.
5. Build strong and supportive relationships to stand up for you against bullies.
6. Learn to monitor and manage your responses to the emotions triggered by bullying.
7. Develop a spiritual foundation to help you be at peace and be strong against bullying.
8. Take the opportunity to learn from your bullying experience so that you can become stronger, wiser, more confident, more faith filled and more prepared to handle any challenges.
9. Create your bully defense strategy so you are prepared to handle bullies of all kinds.
10. Master empathy so you are aware of the needs of others and serve them whenever possible to help them overcome bullying.
Nick reminds us that bullying is a global epidemic – but we have the power to change the world!
In 2012, Nick visited a school in Hawaii to discuss bullying. A year later he received a letter from the headmaster saying that his visit had transformed the school! In the year that followed, not a single incident of bullying occurred at that school!
Stand Strong – You Can Overcome Bullying is one of those books that should be in every home and in every school. I highly recommend this book and strongly encourage you to read it – to share it with your friends and family – to discuss it with your children.
This is one of those rare books that has the power to transform lives. You never know whose life it will touch… whose life it will transform… whose life it will save.
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Stand Strong by Nick Vujicic – Book Trailer
About Nick Vujicic
Nick Vujicic is an international and New York Times best-selling author, evangelist, motivational speaker, and the director of Life Without Limbs, an organization that helps share the message of the hope in Christ to the entire globe. Nick is an inspiration worldwide with crowds and the media for his positive attitude towards overcoming obstacles and achieving dreams. A longtime resident of Australia, he now lives in southern California with his wife, Kanae, and son, Kiyoshi.
For More Information
- Visit Nick’s Website.
- Visit Nick’s Author Page.
- Connect with Nick on Facebook and Twitter.
- Stand Strong is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book through Blogging For Books for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!