Create Joy Card
Every time you begin a project, it begins with a seed of creative inspiration.
Something inside of you ignites the creative spark.
What inspired you to create the project that’s on your workspace today?
For me, it was the paper.
Today, while digging through my paper cabinets, I came across a few leftover scraps of paper from a project I worked on many moons ago.
The cool grassy greens and the soothing blues of sky and water refreshed me on this scorching hot August day. I had a sudden urge to take a barefoot stroll in the garden!
Instead, I opted to to create a clean and simple card that playfully incorporates splashes of stripes, flowers and polka dots into its designs, along with a sentiment that’s near and dear to my heart!
I lightly distressed the card with Close To My Heart’s Crystal Blue Ink to define the edges while leaving lots of white space to keep the mood of the card light and airy.
I incorporated baby blue buttons into this card – an embellishment I haven’t used in quite some time – along with flowers and a gem!
In need of more inspiration? Check out the fabulous Challenges and Challenge Blogs listed at the end of this post!
Now, those of you who regularly visit might be surprised that I was able to complete this card without interruption from my Distract-a-cats – but then again, maybe that honor is only reserved for when I am trying to write!
To see what my enterprising Maine Coons are up to this week, don’t miss Cats & Keyboards at this week’s Wordless Wednesday party!
Have a wonderful week and – if you’d like to share your artistic talents with our creative community – please join us for our weekly Inspire Me Monday party!
Creative Art Challenges
Looking for a place to stretch your imagination? Check out this week’s Creative Art Challenges!
- A Girl Who Crafts – Anything Goes (August)
- All Sorts Challenge Blog – Week 271 – Sentimental
- Bearly Mine August 2014 Challenge – Anything Goes
- Bunny Zoe’s Crafts August Challenge Summer Colors
- Classy Cards N Such Challenge 45 – One Two Three Challenge
(One Frame, Two Buttons, Three Strips of Patterned Paper)
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 31 – Anything Goes
- Crafts4Eternity #188 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Boots Challenges – Flowers
- Crafty Calendar August Challenge – Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper August Challenge
- Crafty Sentimental Designs – Anything Goes
- Fantastic Tuesday Challenge 48 – Anything Goes
- Hiding In My Craft Room Blogiversary Challenge #2 – KISS
- Ladybug’s August Challenge – Favorite Colors
- Ladybugs Crafts Ink TLT Challenge Blog – CAS With Billie Bear
- Mema’s Crafts August 2014 Challenge – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly – Spots & Dots
- Pinspirational Challenge 120 – Anything Goes
- Sweet Stamps Challenge 182 – In The Garden
- Sister Act Challenge 69 – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft August Challenge – Anything Goes
- Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge 41 – Anything Goes
- Time 4 Scrap – Anything Goes
- Treasured Times Rubber Stamps Challenges 22 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 145 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!