Happy New Year, dear friends! Are you ready for another year filled with creative inspiration, artistic challenges and plenty of WOYWW desk-hopping?
I’m excited to share my first project of the year and the story behind it!
What Did I Create This Week?
This Christmas, my husband and I watched some of the classic holiday shows from our childhood – things we have not seen in years. Of all the seasonal cartoons I watched, my favorite was Frosty The Snowman. So – when Hazel issued Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge 211 – create a card inspired by a Christmas carol or song – I knew I wanted to create a Frosty The Snowman-inspired card!
I had a lot of fun designing this card. Here’s a peek at some of this week’s challenges!
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C268 asked us to imagine our craft room was empty and to use the first things we thought of on our cards. Well, I love incorporating my scraps into cards, so I took up the Hiding In My Craft Room #182 Super Scraps Saturday Challenge, got out a bag of sparkly glitter and patterned paper scraps, and added tons of luscious layers to the card. Seriously, I think I counted 9 layers in paper scraps alone (Crafting Cafe – Luscious Layers!)
Next, I wanted to break into some new stash for the New Year – and tons of challenge blogs had the same idea! A number of challenge blogs also were in a glittery, wintery mood. I incorporated lots of new embellishments and sparkle into my wonderland scene.
I used Christmas colors instead of icy blues for the card because that’s what I was in the mood for. However, since Christmas is past, I wanted a sentiment that was both seasonal yet universal in nature. I found the perfect sentiment in Close To My Heart’s Snow Friends Stamp Set. You can see other cards I’ve made with this stamp set here:
To complete the card, I added a festive fiber for my ribbon challenges!
What have you created this week? Be sure to share your creations at one of these weekly parties!
- Inspire Me Monday
- Friendship Friday
For more creative inspiration, check out the Creative Art Challenges at the end of this post!
What Are The Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
Time flies when you’re busy living life – and as hard as it is to believe, Magellan has been with us for over a year!
Be sure to drop by this week’s Wordless Wednesday to see how much they’ve grown in the past year – and while you’re there, check out the Cat Resolutions video and share your favorite photos as well!
Creative Art Challenges
Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized by THEME)!
What types of design elements should you incorporate from your stash? This week’s challenges emphasized the use of New Products (I incorporated new embellishments including snowflakes, the paper pieced snowman and the trees!) – the incorporation of bling and glitter – the use of ribbon/ (fiber) – and the use of paper scraps!
- A Gem Of A Challenge – Something New
- All Sorts Challenge 293 – New And Cute
- Art Impressions #150 – What’s New
- Card Mania Challenge 64 – Make It Sparkle
- Connie Can Crop Monthly Challenge 30 – All That Sparkles
- Country View Challenges – January – Use Something New To You
- Crafty Boots Challenges – Out With The Old, In With The New
- Crafty Calendar January Challenge – What’s New?
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper January Challenge
- Crazy 4 Challenges C4268 – Bare Craft Room Challenge
- Cute Card Thursday Challenge 355 – What’s New
- Fashionable Stamping Challenges 89 – Something New
- Get Creative Challenges #6 – Celebrate New (New Stash)
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations Challenge – New
- Hambo Challenges – New Year New Stash
- Hiding In My Craft Room #182 – Super Scraps Saturday
- Ike’s World Challenges 29 – Something Old, Something New
- Inky Impressions Challenges 191 – Something New
- Jelly Park January Challenge – Bling And Sparkle
- Jo’s Scrap Shack FFC #70 – It’s A New Year, Bling It On!
- Little Red Wagon 271 – Sparkle And Shine
- Papertake Weekly – It’s All New
- Ruby’s Rainbow 95 – What Did Santa Bring?
- Sentimental Sundays #241 – Winter Sparkle Plus A Sentiment
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge – Something New
- Stampavie & More #228 – Ribbon
- The Corrosive Challenge Blog #215 – Shiny And New
- The Crafters Café 98 – Something New
- The Paper Girls Challenge 71 – Let’s Sparkle And Shine
- Try It On Tuesdays – My Favorite Things (Snowflakes & Sentiment Stamp)
These challenges encourage you to incorporate different techniques into your project!
Note regarding the As You Like It Challenge (Favorite Shape Or Fold):
Although fancy shaped cards and folds are fun to experiment with, I really prefer working with the basics. They are easier to store – easier to mail – and I can focus my energies on the creative design of the card rather than the technical elements of the card!
- As You Like It Challenge – Favorite Card Shape Or Fold (explanation above)
- Chocolate Coffee Cards #82 – No Circles Card
Theme & Sentiment Challenges
This week’s challenges emphasizes snowflakes – snowmen – Christmas songs – Christmas foliage – wintery weather – and stamped sentiments!
- Blessings Ink – Amusing Challenge – Winter / Snow
- Completely Christmas 45 – Anything Goes With A Twist / Add Christmas Foliage
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge #211 – Inspired By A Christmas Carol or Song
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Extra Christmas Challenge For January 2015
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge – Let’s Get Sentimental
- Deep Ocean Challenge 95 – Winter Dreams
- Digi Designs Winter Challenge – Snow/Snowflakes
- Dream Valley Challenges 97 – Christmas
- Eureka Stamps Challenge 123 – Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Fairytale Challenge 108 – Snow
- Frosted Designs – White As A Snowflake
- Great Impressions January Challenge – Snow Friends
- Love To Scrap Challenge Blog 45 – Initial Challenge Of 2015 (S=Snowman)
- MelonHeadz Friends – Include A Snowflakes Challenge
- Open Minded Crafting Challenge 27 – New Years Resolutions (Connect With Old Friends)
- Pinspirational Challenge 131 – Snowflake
- QKR Stampede 121 – Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Scrap It Girl January Challenge – Snowflakes
- Stamp And Create January Challenge – Winter Wonderland
- Stamps & Fun Creativity Challenge 232 – Winter
- Suzy Bee’s Blooming Challenge 63 – Anything Goes With A Twist – Fun In The Snow
- The Crafting Café – January – Lots Of Layers
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 7 Kids Challenge Blog #116 – Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations Challenges #122 – Anything Goes With A Twist Of New
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge – Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #1 – Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 42 – Anything Goes
- D.L. Art January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge 68 – Anything Goes With A Twist – Use Something Recycled (Paper Scraps)
- Fresh Brewed Challenges – January Favorites (Anything Goes)
- Inky Chicks Challenge 45 – Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts – January Anything Goes Challenge
- My Craft Creations – 1/5 to 1/17 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #10 – Anything Goes
- One Stitch At A Time – Challenge #228 – Anything Goes
- Paper Creators Crafts Challenge 34 – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays 194 – Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenges 209 – Anything Goes
- Sassy Studio Designs #263 – Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 35 – Anything Goes
- Seemacrafts January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #88 – Anything Goes
- Sweet 7 Designs Challenge #9 – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft January Challenge – Anything Goes
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge 1 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Jan 13-19 – Anything Goes
- Vandicrafts Artistry January Challenge – Anything Goes
- Wags N Whiskers 145 – Anything Goes
- Whoopsi Daisy – Anything Goes January Challenge
- Word Art Wednesday 165 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!