A Sophisticated And Stylish Love Card

Sophisticated Love Card with Flowers

Happy WOYWW To You!

This Valentine’s Day, I celebrate 17 years of marriage with the man I love.

As I count down the moments to this special day, I am covertly creating tokens of romance and love…

One of my favorite creations this week was this beautiful love card, which I created with my husband in mind.

Love Card
I wanted to design a card that was sophisticated and elegant in its presentation – qualities my husband appreciates – so, I chose the stylish yet neutral color palette of Red, Kraft and Black plus White to convey that message (Top Tip Tuesday).

I also added some of my favorite Close To My Heart products into the mix for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge – Love the CTMH Way, along with a few additional embellishments specifically chosen for the rich texture they provide.

Here are a few of the products I used:

• CTMH Much Love Stamp – which I also used in my Much Love Card!
  • CTMH Ink Pads, Floral Ribbon, Mini Brads
  • Maya Road Felt Flowers
  • K & Company Life’s Journey Stitched Ribbon

Magellan

During my visits to your blog, I really enjoy seeing your crafting companions in action, and know from your comments that you enjoy seeing mine – so this week at Wordless Wednesday, I dedicated an entire post to Crafting With Magellan! Be sure to stop by as someone really wants to steal your heart!

Now it’s your turn to inspire us with your creativity! What’s inspiring you this week? What have you created? Be sure to share your latest creations with us at one of our weekly parties!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by to see what’s on my work desk this week!

WOYWW Desk

Creative Art Challenges

Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized alphabetically by Theme or Anything Goes!)

Theme Challenges

JUGS - LOVE

Pinspirational Challenge

Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin, Facebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest
Instagram

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

106 Responses to “A Sophisticated And Stylish Love Card”

1. Beverly says:

Ah! I know he loved that beautiful card. Wishes for a wonderful anniversary and many more to share.

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine’s Day, too.♥

2. Shauna says:

What a lovely card! I like how you stamped the heart behind the LOVE sentiment. I am also a sucker for black and red cards. Very elegant. Also, I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has my cat as a crafting companion. =) Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    – Shauna

3. barb says:

Beautiful creation!!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Creations challenge. Barb

4. Karal says:

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week for our All is Love Challenge at Eureka Stamps.
    Karal DT

5. Beautiful card and Happy Anniversary! Love the colors and simplicity that makes it so elegant! Thank you for joining us at – hope to see you next week.

6. sue t. says:

Congrats on your anniversary! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month!

7. Brandi R says:

I love it, at first I thought it was a home decor piece. So pretty!
    Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

Brandi R
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking

8. Deborah says:

What a beautiful card you created for your hubby. I am sure he appreciated it a bunch. It is very masculine and sweet. I like the stitching and the design of it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
    Deborah DT

9. Tanya Miller says:

What a wonderful card and congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Thank you for entering the Digi Choosday Love Is In the Air challenge

10. Ema says:

Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

11. Ellie says:

A very beautiful card design, and loving the color combo. Your cat is so cute too!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Ellie from My Creative Moments

12. Jeanette says:

Such a pretty card!

Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

13. Anjie McChesney says:

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us in our Love Is In The Air challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (Senior DT Team Leader)

14. this is another wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘VALENTINES/LOVE’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

15. Shirl says:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both. What a lovely card… thank you for joining us over at Use Your Stuff – DT Shirl

16. Very nicely done, stylish and elegant was achieved, and so perfect for that man in your life. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

17. Dionne says:

Fab card, great layout. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

18. Ursula Uphof says:

A wonderfully elegant card. Happy Anniversary to you both.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Digistamps4Joy this week and good luck..
    Ursula Uphof DT member

19. Gorgeous card, Thanks for entering Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Use a Digi/stamp. Wendy (DT).xx

20. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers and at Digi Stamps 4 Joy. Hope to see you again next time

21. Katy D says:

I love your card! I love how you stamped the heart and the word love. I also love how you incorporated the ribbon. Just beautiful! 🙂 Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! 🙂

22. Glenda says:

What a beautiful card. I love that pretty ribbon you chose! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

23. Dotty Jo says:

Thanks for sharing with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

24. Shilpa says:

Beautiful card, love it !!
    Thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts Challenge this month.

25. Veselka says:

Beautiful CAS card. I like the design. Thanks for sharing with us at Card Mania Challege. Good Luck. Vesi DT

26. Eret says:

Very beautiful card. It’s wonderfuul for male. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

27. Another stunning card! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month x

28. KateE says:

Great card, thank you for joining us in our challenge this time at Digi Choosday
    *~KateE~* DC DT

29. caz says:

This is lovely…Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday, and good luck.

Caz xx
    My Blog
    Pennys Paper-Crafty DT
    Digi Choosday DT
    Creative Craft Cottage DT

30. D Idlet says:

Another cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema’s Crafts.

31. Ursula Uphof says:

A great card very elegant. Hope you had a lovely anniversary.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Digistamps4Joy this week and good luck..
    Ursula Uphof DT member

32. Esther says:

Love your creation, such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays 🙂 -Esther

33. Haley D. says:

Thanks for sharing a little H2H/CTMH love with us! Your hubby should love this special card. Thanks for sharing your adorable “assistant” too!

34. Julie O says:

This is a wonderful card for a Valentine/Love Challenge at DigiStamps4Joy. Thank you so much for joining us! Julie, DT member

35. cohenna says:

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at HOC 🙂

36. Everything is pulled together so nicely. Thanks for showing us how at Heart 2 Heart!

37. D Idlet says:

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

38. ~DEANNE~ says:

Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O’ Paper

39. Great card. I love the heart stamp – I have that one in my stash, too. I also love that zig zag stitched ribbon, another item in my stash. LOL Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

It’s so nice to meet another crafter who has the same taste in stamps and ribbons as I do! 🙂
      Based on where you are visiting from – looks like we have stash hoarding in common too!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for the smile!

40. Natalie A says:

Congratulations on 17 years! That is super cool and amazing! I love your card that you made! It is funny how cats want to join in and “try” to help you out when it comes to papers or anything like that!

41. Mother of 3 says:

Such a cute card. I made cards for my three sons this weekend but still to make one for my husband. Pinned.

42. Babychaser says:

This would make a really cute wall hanging or plaque too. Nicely done. 🙂

43. Joanne says:

Such a pretty card and you always have the cutest “helpers.”