The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible: The Perfect Discipleship Bible
This year, I had the privilege of attending a local IF Gathering at my church. I left the gathering feeling profoundly impacted by the messages that Jennie Allen and the other conference speakers delivered and the questions they asked.
- How would I personally disciple the next generation of women that God was placing in my life?
- How would I encourage these women to discover and live out God’s purpose and plans? What resources would I share with them to help them grow in God’s Word?
- How would I effectively communicate the lessons that I had learned from the spiritual mentors in my life?
One tried-and-true resource I plan on sharing recently received a beautiful facelift since its original release in 1995: the 2017 edition of the The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible.
What I like about The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible – particularly in the context of discipleship – is that this Bible was created with ladies of all ages in mind. Prepared under the editorial guidance of Dorothy Kelley Patterson and Rhonda Kelley, this feature-laden Bible contains insightful essays by accomplished women who are experts in the fields of theology, biblical studies, archaeology and philosophy.
What better Bible teachers to supplement one’s Scriptural reading than godly women like Joni Eareckson Tada, Beverly LaHaye, Emile Barnes, Jill Briscoe, and Anne Ortlund, to name a few?
These spiritual leaders shaped generations of women like myself with insights the Holy Spirit gave them. Now, this updated version of The Woman’s Study Bible, these women will continue to impact many more lives!
As you explore The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible, you’ll find new features to fall in love with on every page:
- When you open this Bible, you’ll discover Presentation Pages featuring a unique Ketubah Marriage Contract and places to record your Family History, Special Family Memories, and Spiritual Mothers.
- You’ll also discover that this Bible is rich in study material. It features thousands of extensive verse-by-verse study notes, more than 300 in-text topical articles on relevant issues, and detailed biographical portraits of over 100 biblical women.
- Of course, this Bible would not be complete without standard reference material such as book introductions and outlines plus hundreds of full-color in-text maps, charts, timelines, and family trees.
- Finally, you’ll find supplemental reference material such as quotes from godly women throughout history, a set of full-page maps of the biblical world; a topical index; and a concordance.
The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible is available in three editions, each featuring a full-color design throughout: a hardcover edition, a brown/burgundy imitation leather edition, and the very pretty, feminine cloth over board edition.
I reviewed the Cloth Over Board Edition, which features the Words of Christ in red letters, pretty pink gilded pages and a light pink ribbon bookmark. This edition of the Bible is gorgeous and perfect for gift-giving.
I rate this Bible 5 out of 5 stars.
About Thomas Nelson
In business since 1798, Thomas Nelson is one of the oldest Bible publishers in the world and the largest publisher of the King James Version. Their mission is to inspire the world by using our talents, assets, opportunities, and influence to engage and equip people with Scripture and draw people to a deeper study and understanding of God’s Word.
For More Information
- Visit the Thomas Nelson Website.
- Connect with Thomas Nelson on Facebook and Twitter.
- Visit The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible Blog Tour Page.
- The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received complementary copies of this Bible from the publisher. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!