Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
Now that pumpkin season has officially arrived, it’s time to start whipping up some delicious baked goods for our families – and what could be more inviting than a fresh batch of Pumpkin Spice Muffins? This recipe is traditionally a fall favorite – but honestly, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy these lightly spiced muffins year round!
One of the things that you’ll love about this Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe is that it’s so easy to make! Another thing you’ll appreciate is its versatility. For instance, today we’ve topped our muffins with coarse sugar for a decorative touch, but they are just as delicious plan (and they’re absolutely scrumptious if you top them with a cream cheese frosting!)
2 ½ Cups Sugar
1 Cup Canola Oil
2/3 Cup Water
15 Ounce Can Pure Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin filling!)
3 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
½ Teaspoon Cloves
½ Teaspoon Ginger
½ Cup Coarse Decorating Sugar
TIP: Make sure you that you use 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) in this recipe since you are already adding sugar and spices!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the muffin pan with 12 regular-sized cupcake liners.
- Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl and beat on low for 1 minute. Do not overmix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add dry mixture to pumpkin batter and beat on low just until all ingredients are moist.
- Fill the cupcake liners with batter until they are ¾ full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each muffin with coarse decorating sugar.
- Return the muffins to the oven to finish baking for another 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The total cooking time should be between 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Move the muffins to a wire baking rack and let them cool completely.
Looking For More Great Pumpkin Recipes?
If you’re looking for more wonderful Pumpkin Recipes to try this season, be sure to check out the following:
Stay In Touch!
For more great recipes:
- Visit Create With Joy – Recipes.
- Subscribe to Create With Joy by E-Mail.
- Follw Create With Joy on Facebook
- Follw Create With Joy on Twitter
- Follow Create With Joy on Pinterest
- Follow Create With Joy on Instagram
Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!