Safe And Sound: Standing Firm In Spiritual Battles by David Powlison
In a world filled with sensationalism, it is difficult to find sound, biblical resources on the topic of spiritual warfare – but Safe And Sound: Standing Firm In Spiritual Battles by the late David Powlison is one such book.
Safe And Sound was written specifically for counselors, pastors, and people who minister to others, but this book has much wisdom for us all. The book is divided into two parts:
- Part One, What Is Spiritual Warfare, describes spiritual warfare in terms that we can all understand and provides us with a biblical overview of the concept through key passages such as Ephesians 6.
- Part Two, Counseling In The Reality Of Spiritual Warfare, offers practical advice on how to minister to others and addresses specific issues (such as the occult, animism, and deliverance).
While Safe And Sound is not the most comprehensive book on the subject that I have ever read, it is one of the most practical and common-sense treatments on the subject that I have seen.
If you are looking for a healthy, practical, and biblical approach to spiritual warfare, in your personal life and in your ministry, by all means add Safe And Sound to your ministry toolbox!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
For More Information
- Visit New Growth Press.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2020 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!