Sacred Holidays – Less Chaos, More Jesus
Do you love celebrating holidays – Christmas and New Year’s, Valentine’s and Easter, Thanksgiving, birthdays – but find that they don’t always turn out the way you imagined? Often, without our awareness, our vision of what our holidays should look like are shaped by images and messages from social media, books and magazines, celebrities and retail showrooms.
That’s where Becky Kiser comes in. Becky is the founder and CEO of Sacred Holidays—a ministry dedicated to helping women find less chaos and more Jesus during holidays through Bible study, community, resources, and lots of fun! Her goal is to help you celebrate holidays in a way that retain their whimsical charm while remaining sacred – holy and set apart.
In her latest book,
- In Part 1, Becky uses the biblical story of Martha and Mary to remind us of how easy it is to get distracted by the things in front of us while forgetting what is most important – Jesus! Jesus is the key to making our holidays meaningful.
- In Part 2, Becky provides us with a chapter on each major holiday that is filled with ideas and worksheets to keep us on track as we prepare for the holiday ahead. These chapters are meant to be read 30 to 60 days before each holiday.
- In Part 3, Becky deals with all of the common struggles we may encounter along the way, including family conflict and drama and grief.. This section, while designed to be read as needed, is a vital part of this book!
Sacred Holidays is a unique holiday book that every family and party planner should read!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
For More Information
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the Lifeway / B&H Publishing Group.
Copyright © 2018 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!